18.

Chapter 18:

We stopped outside the famous locker room and she put up a finger to wait there as she quickly opened the door and snuck in. She returned moments later with a smile.

"They're actually about ready to go out into the tunnel, so perfect timing." She said pulling me past the door and further down the hallway.

We reached a familiar place that I recognized from all the promo videos and media day propaganda.

"Welcome to the media room which turns into the runway. I told Kris you were out here in your new jersey for Olli and he would make sure he comes out sooner rather than later." I nodded in appreciation. Soon I heard voices coming and saw Dumo come out first and he smiled.

"Alyssa, nice to see you again!"

"Same to you Brian, good luck tonight." It felt weird, his first name rolling off my tongue but I would get used to it.

"Thank you, but I don't think Olli knows you're down here." He said looking back over his shoulder.

"Oh he doesn't it's a surprise, Dumo." Cath said smirking.

"Ahhh...I get it. Well, he was just about ready so he should be coming out shortly." He soon went over to the Media section to a few reporters for a pregame interview.

It was a few minutes before anyone else emerged besides the PR people and some of the training staff. Soon I heard Tanger's booming voice.

"I promise you Olli this is something you will want to see."

"We're not due out for five minu..." I heard Olli protest but as he exited the locker room in full garb including his stick and helmet in hand, his voice dropped.

"Lys? What are you doing down here?"

"I came to see you one last time before the game. Cathy said she does it from time to time and wanted to show me the way down here for later."

"Oh, wow, okay. I just wasn't expecting to see you..." His eyes widened taking in my wardrobe change.

"In My Jersey

"In My Jersey." He said dropping his stick and helmet to the ground so he turn me around.

"Do you like it?" I asked doing an extra little spin to show him how excited I was about my new sweater.

"I love it." He said reaching down to kiss me gently running his hands up and down the sleeves.

"You can thank Kris, Cathy, Vero, and Marc Andre. They got it for me since we've had to put up with the teasing from them." He turned to Kris and Cathy and mumbled a thank you. He simply held me tight and didn't let go as we all talked. Sooner than I would've liked he kissed my forehead as other people were coming out of the locker room.