10.

Chapter 10:

My morning studying with Jared went a lot smoother after we both had our coffee. I slowly flipped through each page of my notes. Damn, I hate psychology.

"Please explain to me the need of psychology when I will be crunching numbers most of my life?"

"It's a general education requirement of the University, just like the basic biology class you had to take back in freshman year."

"Another class that I hated with a passion. If I wanted to take these classes, I would have been a nursing major or something like that."

"Oh quit whining you have two months left, not even nine weeks of classes."

"I will whine all I want. I just wish this mid term would take itself."

"Well, the sooner it is over the sooner you get to see Olli." He said with a smirk. I wanted to throw something at him but everything within reach is breakable.

As my exam neared closer, I drug myself into my room to get ready to head to campus. Jared had left an hour ago for his Chemistry class. I walked down the street and eventually found myself in the lecture hall by myself. I opened up my notes one last time and glanced over the highlighted sections.

"Hey Lys." I looked up to see Ellie sit down beside me, well two seats over since there had to be multiple space during exams.

"Hey Ellie." I said not even bothering to look at her.

"How was the game last night?"

"It was great."

"I saw you had some great seats from the pictures you posted this morning."

"A friend of mine hooked us up with some great seats."

"Even better then, think they could get more than two next time? I haven't been to a game in forever." She asked getting her stuff out as well.

"I don't know. I wasn't even expecting these ones, I don't want to ask for them."

"I see, well maybe instead of your boy toy take me next time."

"First, Jared is my best friend not my boy toy as you say. Secondly, to be honest, you don't know anything about hockey besides which players are cute." I huffed honestly annoyed. Ellie always picked the worst times to have these conversations.

"You can't say you've never slept with Jared. He's hot and nerdy, totally your type."

"I have not slept with him nor do I have intentions on doing so. Besides I'm kind of seeing someone; we have a date tonight actually."

"Oh, the guy that had you grinning ear to ear yesterday?"

"Yes, now please be quiet I need to finish studying." I said ending the conversation. I checked my phone one last time to see a text message that would get me through this.

Olli: Good luck on your exam today!

To: Thanks! I needed that! It has been the longest day ever and it's just after lunch.

Olli: I know, I cannot wait for tonight. But you need to focus on your test right now. We will talk later!

To: Ok Ok... I'll try my best. I'll talk to you after I'm done.

I smiled one last time before putting my phone away and clearing my desk. The test itself wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. I just had the final left and I would be completely done with the thought of Psychology for the rest of my life. I quickly gathered my things after handing in the test and went to the student center in search of Jared. He was sitting with his engineering friends and I smiled before heading over. I sat on the arm of his chair and threw my book bag down.

"Did you survive?" He asked looking up with an eyebrow rose.

"It was a long fought battle, but yes. I believe I passed it." I said putting a hand to my forehead in fake exasperation.

"See you whined for hours over nothing."

"I whined because I hate the subject not because I'm not doing well. I have a solid B+ in the class thank you very much." I said sticking my tongue out at him.

"So what time is your date?" He asked smirking at me, drastically changing the subject. I narrowed eyes at him for mentioning it in public. I didn't want to make a big deal out of nothing. Olli and I were nothing official yet and he just opened a can of worms.

"Awe, does little Alyssa finally have a boyfriend?" Jeff asked looking smug.

"Not yet, we have our first date tonight."

"Jared, what do you think of the guy?" He continued his questions. I was slightly annoyed at this man's curiosity. I don't think he has any business in my personal life. We've never held a conversation outside of groups or Jared's presence.

"Haven't met him yet." Jared said glaring at me. I could tell he was just playing hurt so, I just smiled and bumped his shoulder.

"You will soon enough, I promise."

We chatted aimlessly for a little while and I was thankful when the conversation migrated away from my love life to the sports tournaments coming up for non-athlete students. Boys and their sports always a good topic to discuss.

"I should get going. It's already four." I said nudging Jared. He smiled and nodded.

"I have class until six so you should be gone by the time I get back to the apartment. Have fun but don't do anything I wouldn't." He said smiling at me.

"Thanks Jar." I said side hugging him.

My walk back to the apartment was short and thankfully uneventful. I quickly ran upstairs to shower. I wrapped a towel around me while I walked to my closet. I had my outfit narrowed down to two choices. I had a maroon lacey quarter-sleeve dress that I could wear nude hose and my cute ankle boots with or a blue sweater dress that I could wear my leggings and knee length leather boots. After trying on both outfits and looking at every single angle possible, I decided on the maroon dress. It could be fancy or causal, depending on the accessories I wore. Considering Olli hadn't really dropped any major clues as to where we were going, I would play it safe and shoot for the middle of the road.

I slipped my dress on and curled my hair loosely. I did my make up simple but more than I have worn around Olli prior. I put in my silver hoops and my usual rings adorned my fingers. I looked at my jewelry box, unsure what kind of necklace to wear. Then I smiled as I saw the gift my parents got me for Christmas this year, it was single teardrop diamond necklace.

"Perfect." I said clasping it around my neck.

 I did one last look in the mirror before heading back into my room. I glanced at the digital clock on my bedside table and my heart stopped. Had I really taken over an hour to get ready? I guess so...

I checked my phone and saw a simple message that made my stomach flutter.

Olli: I'm on my way, be there in 15.

To: Okay, I'm ready.

I went to our small kitchen and waited patiently for him to say he was here so I could head down. However, I was surprised when I heard a knock on my door. I swallowed suddenly a lot more nervous. I walked to the door and opened it to meet a very handsomely dressed Olli Maatta. He had a simple blue button down and dress jeans and shiny black shoes. His hair was in organized disarray that only he could pull off. 

"Hey..." He said smiling before holding out a single red rose.