3.

Chapter 3:

"JARED!!" I shouted reaching our apartment.

"What Lys? You didn't answer your phone, is everything okay?" He said turning around from the couch to look at me with a concerned look.

"It's more than okay actually. I just had coffee with OLLI!!!" 

"As in Olli Maatta?" He asked looking not convinced at all with his right eyebrow raised.

"Yes! He came into Starbucks after me and recognized me I guess. So he sat down across from me we chatted for a while. He walked me home and kissed my cheek!"

"Still think you didn't have a moment at the game?" He asked chuckling softly.

"You're such a guy! Out of all that you go back to an argument from two weeks ago?!?"

"I did, because I was completely right. He is totally into you. I'm a guy and the looks he was giving you in those few moments were looks I used to give Chrissy when we were dating."

"I guess that will have to do since I really don't have a girl friend to gush to about all this."

"I do what I can." He said rolling his eyes.

"Oh! He gave me his number and wants to do coffee or dinner on Friday." I said sitting down next to him to see the score tied at one. I proceeded to assume our normal hockey watching position, my legs draped across his lap. 

"I'm not saying anything else until you acknowledge I was right." He said focusing on the game. I rolled my eyes at his childish antics but I expected nothing less.

We enjoyed the game without much commentary. We were usually very vocal during hockey games but the Pens weren't playing so I guess we weren't just in it. I like the Black Hawks way more than the Rangers, rivalries with Pittsburgh aside. I respect a lot of the Chicago players. I just can't stand a lot of the New York guys on the ice and off.

When I wasn't watching Kane and Toews score for the Hawks, my mind was still fixed on my short evening with Olli. I learned a lot about him and our conversation was relaxed. I was scared he wouldn't be the person I had imagined based on the little I've seen of him on film, but he was very similar. I suddenly got shivers of excitement to keep talking to him even if it was just texts for a while.

"You're phone just pinged." He said with a grin before throwing my phone at me. I had to sit up quickly to catch it.

Olli Maatta: Hey Alyssa, it's Olli. Thought it's only fair you have my number as well.

To: Awe, it's all good. I take it you made it home safely?

Olli: Yes, just got out of the shower actually getting ready to turn on the TV and slowly drift to sleep.

"Dear Jesus."

"What?" Jared asked.

"Olli is texting me. Told me he's just getting out of the shower. The mental image that just went through my head."

"Pervert, officially known him for a couple hours and you're already undressing him. I feel like you're gonna corrupt the poor innocent lil' Fin."

"He's over six feet tall, he's not little by any means. I won't corrupt him. We'll take things as we see them, no rush for anything. We're not even a couple yet."

"Defensive already. I think my little Lys has a crush on someone other than Kris Letang. I never thought I'd see the day."

"Oh shut up." I said throwing a pillow at him before returning my focus to

To: Sweet dreams. You have a busy day tomorrow and a big game against Detroit.

Olli: Wish I could see you tomorrow before the game but there's no time unless you come to the game.

To: I'd love to come to the game but I'm a broke college student.

Olli: If you want to come, I could try to get you two tickets. Then I could see you before and after the game.

To: That's too much Olli. I can't ask that of you.

Olli: I want to and I offered. Plus I'm getting two things out of this. I get to see you again...sooner and I have you watching me again. That game was one of my best games of the year defensively.

To: Okay, will you text me to let me know either way?

Olli: Of course, I'll ask for a guest pass for you as well. You can come down to the guest lounge with me that way.

To: Wow, never been anywhere but the stands and concourse.

Olli: It's just a room for us to see family and friends before and after the game. I'll show you where it is. I can pick you up.

To: If you want to, I'd appreciate not having to walk a over mile to the game. Jared has class until 6 I think, so he'd have to meet me there.

Olli: I'll pick you up around 415 if that's okay. I have to be back at Consol by 430 before they open the garage to public parking.

To: That's fine. My last class is over at 3.

"I hope you're not doing anything tomorrow." I said looking at Jared.

"I have class until 530 but after that nothing. Why?"

"Because Olli is going to get us tickets for tomorrow. He wants to see me before the game."

"What?!?!"

"He said he would try to get us tickets."

"Lys, are you sure you've never interacted with him prior to that game and tonight?"

"Yes."

"Damn, not even officially together and you already have him whipped." He said shaking his head.

"I do not and I'm stealing your Maatta jersey for tomorrow."

"What?! No you're not. I'll wear to class all day if I have to." He said giving me a glare. His jerseys were some of his most prized possessions. 

"I can't go into the guest lounge with Olli and have a Tanger Jersey on."

"It will be huge on you, like you wear a small and my jersey is a large. Just wear your long sleeve shirt and layer up."

"You just don't want me wearing your jersey period."

"That too." He said taking a drink of his beer.

"Ass."

"Not my fault your seeing a guy who isn't your favorite player." He rebutted.

I rolled my eyes and returned my focus to the game for the third period puck drop. However, I was stopped by my last texts of the night.

Olli: Perfect. I'll text you after morning skate about the tickets.

To: I'm very excited for tomorrow, I doubt I'll sleep. But you need to! Goodnight Olli. 

Olli: Goodnight Beautiful. 

(Above is how I'm picturing Daniel as Jared, I love a guy in glasses. Also their relationship is purely platonic/sibling-like. My best friend is a guy and I'm basing Jared and Alyssa's relationship a lot on our own banter and interactions.)