6.

Chapter 6:

"So Alyssa, tell me a little about yourself. Olli wouldn't say much earlier." Tanger said sitting down and looking comfortable on the other end of the couch. Olli sat down appearing slightly relieved Kris was being laid back about the intro.

"Well, there's not much to tell really. I'm just your average 21-year-old. I'm a student at Duquesne; I'm majoring in business with a minor in finance. I live with my best friend in a small apartment just off campus." Tanger nodded.

"I obviously love hockey..." I said looking down. That earned a chuckle from both of them.

"How long have you been a fan? Have a story?"

"I've been going to games my entire life, my dad loves the sport. He actually played growing up and into high school. So as his child, I had to like it by default. However, I never truly appreciated it until the '09 run for the Cup. I was old enough to finally understand the passion, abilities, and difficulty of the game as a whole. When Sid hoisted the cup that summer, I was officially in love. I know you might say I'm a fair weather fan, but I've been a die hard since."

"No, I like your fan story. It's sincere and the fact that you have managed to stick with us through some pretty rough seasons since shows your committed. You're the best kind of fan actually in my opinion. You didn't let your family force you into liking the game. We hate obligatory or fake fans. You, however, formed your love on your own terms."

"I'm glad to hear that, coming from you that means a lot."

"Well, I got to go back to the other guys, we're getting ready for soccer Olli. But Kath and Alex will be in the suite tonight. I don't know if she's coming early or not, but if she does I'm sure she'll show Alyssa where to go to get back up stairs." Tanger said getting up. He turned back to offer his hand to me.

"It was nice meeting you Alyssa. I'm sure I'll be seeing you around more." I shook his hand this time without my body trembling.

"Wow...I just met Kris Letang." I said looking at Olli like a kid on Christmas morning.

"I was nervous how you were going to do. After you stopped shaking, you did fine. I liked hearing your fan story too. Even though I wasn't there for the beginning of it, I plan on sticking around for the present and future." Olli said smiling.

"I hope so too. So far, I like you outside of hockey too." I said taking his hand again and squeezing it. He looked down at me and I just blushed. Part of me wanted to just reach up and kiss him but I knew it would be too soon.

"So you're really missing out on the legendary soccer circle for me?"

"I am, but like I said before, I don't always participate anyways. Besides, I want to spend more time with you."

"I like that idea." I said slowly leaning my head on his shoulder.

"Tell me more about school..."

We spent the next twenty minutes or so just talking. I spoke mainly about my classes, which he seemed very interested in. He asked short questions about my professors and my over all schedule. Then it was his turn to talk. He would play with my fingers that were intertwined with his as he spoke. I could see his joy for hockey as he talked briefly about the previous seasons he's played. I loved seeing the sparkle in his eye, but I wanted to learn more about him outside of hockey. Eventually I got more than the superficially family and hometown facts and he told me stories of growing up in Finland. I could sit here all night and just listen to him talk. His accent was getting less and less over the years he spent here but it was still there. I liked his cute pauses as he thought words and sentences through before speaking.

"I couldn't imagine being truly bi-lingual. I give you guys a lot of credit for it. I took two years of French in high school and that was more than enough for me." I added when he was telling me about English classes when he started thinking about playing international hockey.

"It's not fun at times, but it's getting easier. Geno is still pretty bad." He said chuckling. It was true; though much improved from years ago, Geno's English seemed still pretty broken at times.

"You'll have to teach me some Finish one day."

"Maybe." He said chuckling.

Sadly, our conversation was interrupted as the door opened and in walked a very tall, very beautiful woman. She had dark hair and dark eyes. She had a small girl walking beside her and an infant in her arms. She looked familiar and I knew she was a wife of a player but for some reason I drew a blank. That is until I saw the little girl. I recognized her instantly from pictures with Alex Letang. Estelle.

"Is that the Fleurys?" I asked lowly just wanting to confirm.

"Yes." Olli said chuckling.

"Uncle Olli!" Estelle said as soon as she saw him and ran towards him. Olli stood before picking up the toddler. She smiled and hugged him tightly. I was swoon at the sight of Olli with the girl. I stood up and went towards the pair. This little girl is even cuter in person, a perfect mix of her parents.

"Estelle, this is my friend Alyssa. Can you say hello?"

"Bonjour Alyssa!"

"En anglais Estelle, elle est Americaine. (In English Estelle, she is American.)" Her mother prompted. I understood it but I had to think back a few years to try to form any kind of French response for the small child.

"It's okay. Je parle un peu francais. (I speak a little French)" I said looking between the girl in her mother.

"Bonjour Estelle, tu es tres tres jolie! (You are very very pretty)."

"Merci!" She said her cheeks flushing and hiding her face in Olli's shoulder.

"I'm Veronique Fleury but you can call me Vero. This bashful little one is Estelle and this lively one is Scarlett." She said motioning to her two daughters.

"I'm Alyssa, it's a pleasure to meet you." I said extending a hand.

"So, Olli you didn't tell me you met someone." Vero said now looking at Olli with a smirk. I saw his cheeks flush and his focus went to Estelle for a moment.

"Well, we just met very recently." I answered for him sensing his embarrassment. I knew tonight was going to be hard on him since we weren't anything more than friends at this point. He had only told a few of the guys but was still willing to bring me here to be with him tonight.

"I see, Marc didn't mention anyone new is all. Trust me these guys share everything; sometimes more than they'd care to know." She said playfully eying both of us.

"Vero, please stop." Olli whispered obviously getting frustrated by her teasing.

"It's okay Olli." I said reaching for his shoulder.

"No it's not. People need to mind their own business. Come on Lys, let's go for a walk." He said putting a saddened Estelle down and motioning me towards the door. I turned and waved a brief goodbye before Olli took my hand in his.

"Sorry about that. I know she is just teasing me but I'm just more private then most of the team. My business is my own. I don't want people putting labels on us or pressuring you into certain pretenses. I brought you to the lounge because very few of the wives use it regularly. I thought it would be a good place to relax and talk. I didn't think anyone was coming early tonight from what the guys had said."

"It's fine Olli. I got to meet Tanger and little Estelle Fleury, life goals for me. It was a little overwhelming but I enjoyed seeing a piece of your life behind the scenes. However, it's good to know I'm your business." I said bumping into his shoulder as we walked further down the hallway. He stopped his steps and looked down at me.

"I was really trying to wait until our date tomorrow but I just can't." I looked at him confused for only a second as he leaned down towards me, his hands cupping my face, and his lips meeting mine.