5.

Chapter 5:

Walking into the lower levels of Consol is rather different then the finished concourse and actual arena area. However, I was more nervous about this pregame time with Olli. I was excited to spend more time with him, but nervous about meeting some of the guys.

He strode prideful through the halls. I took just a moment to take in the suit and slacks that he was wearing. He looked hot as hell and I just wanted to sit still and watch him. Here I was in a shirt, leggings, and boots and he looked like a hockey god.

"This hallway has the locker rooms, coaches offices, and of course the family lounge." He said opening a set of doors. This area was much nicer and finished. It held tiled floors with white and black walls. We walked past several more doors before he opened one.

The room was large but not overly so. It had several couches, tables, and chairs scattered out. There also appeared to be a stand up cooler with multiple drinks and foods inside. I noted several TVs attached to the walls with pregame features and Pens TV playing. There were multiple framed pictures of the guys and other former players hanging as well to make it more intimate. 

"Well this is it." He said motioning his hand around. I was surprised the room was empty but I had a feeling he wanted it this way at first.

"It's nice, just a place for you to relax with family before the game."

"Yes." He looked down at me and smiled. He sat down on a couch and pulled me down to sit next to him.

"So what do you normally do before games?"

"Well, we all have our different routines and rituals. Sid is the worst, superstitious b*stard. But me, about twenty minutes before warm ups, I just like to sit in my locker and tape my sticks. I listen to music and focus. Most of the guys will play soccer about an hour before the game but I don't always participate. Tonight I won't. I want to be here with you." I smiled and grabbed his hand.

"I'm glad to be here, for you."

"I'm very happy about that. So about tomorrow..." He asked playing with my fingers.

"No stress, it's what you want it to be."

"I want it to be a date. It's just..." He stopped either unsure of what to say or if he wasn't sure he wanted a date.

"What's wrong?"

"I've never been on a date with an American girl, I'm not sure what you want or expect."

"Let's just do dinner somewhere low key and go from there. Olli, I just want you to be yourself." I said looking up at him.

"Dinner would be nice. I know of a couple places we could go."

"See, no need to get upset about it. If you want I can give you Jared's number and he can give you tips and insider information about all things American." I said smiling.

"No, I want to do this right and that means by myself." He said chuckling. I was touched at his words.

"I'm done with classes at 430 so any time after that we can meet up."

"I'll pick you up around 6. I want to give you a chance to change."

"What should I wear?"

"Nothing too fancy but not sweat pants." He said smirking. I could tell he knew exactly where we were going already. 

"Okay, I'll see what I can find in my closet." I said chuckling. To be safe, I would probably do jeans and a nice shirt.

"I'm sure you'll look beautiful no matter what." He said looking me in the eyes. He brushed a strand of my hair out of my face and nearly shivered as his fingers grazed my cheek. He just smiled at me. God, this man is too perfect for his own good.