A Squirrel I15I

The setting sun had left its place in the sky and the ghastly, silver moon had taken its place along with very, few, faint stars. As time passed the more the traffic and the crowds built. The more people who came to the restaurant.

I stood watching as people walked in and out of the restaurant. But still, yet again, where was Dark?

He was nowhere to be found; it was too dark to see much. There were cars, roads, and the streetlamps. I couldn't find him anywhere! Even the pouring light from the restaurant's chandeliers didn't help. I couldn't see him from where I stood, and I didn't want to walk away from Midna, filled with complete worry, and Zelda inside...

Where could he possibly be?!

Midna sighed and covered her face with the palms of her hands. "I don't know where he went..." she cried.

"So, he's not by the car?" I reassured.

"I don't know! I didn't see him there!" she yelled with slight tears.

I walked away a bit to try to get a glance of the car. Though, I still couldn't see much... I need to get closer... "Where did you last see him?" I asked, hoping for something... maybe to calm her down.

"I don't know!" She said as she began to chew on her nail.

I smirked. Did he run away or something?! Zelda's going to be pissed!

I sighed and looked around as I kept my eye on Midna's troubled, amber eyes. I looked around for any hint of Dark. Maybe he shouldn't have worn that black hoodie after all!

She grabbed her tangerine strands of hair and held them steadily. "Is he anywhere?" Midna's voice fretted as her eyes kept a hold on mine.

"I don't know..." I said as I tightened my lips. He must be somewhere!

I edged near the car and I was immediately halted by Midna. Her eyes, still holding onto me, filled with the same frightened look from before, stared at me to grab my attention. "Wait!" she exclaimed. "I just saw him over there!" She said as she drew out her pointer finger.

My eyes followed the direction of her finger and I found an opened forest. He's in there? My eyebrows drew together in confusion. "In there?" I asked, hesitantly.

She nodded, excitedly. "Yes, yes!" She shouted with a wide mouth revealing her teeth.

I stared at her blankly. Her eyes were no longer filled with that edgy look of worriedness; they now widened with hope.

I rolled my eyes away from her. "We should get Zelda," I suggested.

"No!" Her lips and her eyes began to twitch. "He...!" She forced her direction with her pointer at the opened forest more dramatically and tightened a smirk onto her face with frustration. "I saw him!"

I sighed as I gritted my teeth and looked over at the group of trees once again. She seriously saw him? My eyes followed back up to the car and I swear... I swear I saw someone? However, before I could say something or even think about it, my hand was grabbed.

Midna had grabbed my hand and we were off to that forest where she supposedly saw Dark.

...

The tree canopy was the roof of the forest... there was no light; there was just a whole bunch of trees, branches, and twigs. It wasn't so nice or helpful. We still looked for Dark, though... However, why would he be in here? What would he be doing in a place like this, anyway?