First Impressions I25I Part 2

He adjusted the black frames surrounding his piercing, blue, crystal eyes as rain from the roof of his porch pattered down onto his hair and onto the lenses of his glasses. This didn't clear the droplets from his glasses, but only raised them from falling off his nose... so that he can observe us.

I sighed and looked away from him, sending my gaze back to Dark's furious scowl. He hated this guy... I grumbled slightly and looked back towards the blonde with two glaring eyes to meet him. I didn't want to talk to just some random stranger, but, Dark was doing nothing about it... Maybe he'll be some assistance? I don't know... However, I finally opened my mouth. "Who are you?" I exclaimed.

The blonde crossed his arms and his eyes narrowed on me. "Is your name Link?"

I froze as I observed the blonde in shock. I didn't know who he was, yet he knew me? How is that possible?! "How do you know me?!" I asked in a shaky voice.

The blonde smirked and his hand fell from his arms as he began to bend down to reach for his conveniently placed umbrella leaning against the wall. "You looked familiar!" He grabbed his umbrella and opened it as he began to walk towards me.

I watched him cautiously as he walked up to me, still unsure of who he was. However, I spoke once he was close enough. "What?" I asked, observing his purple sweater he wore.

He stopped, nearly two feet away from me, and nodded. "I believe we went to school together?" He tilted his head as his blonde, swept bangs followed to his gesture.

My lip twitched. I didn't recognize him too much... I didn't remember seeing him ever in my life... even when I did go to school... However, judging by the look in his calm eyes, he seemed... perceptive. It seemed possible that he knew me... "You're saying we met in school?"

He glanced over at Dark and I saw as slight hatred formed onto his smirk, but he quickly looked away and released a smothered scoff. He then locked his blue eyes onto me and nodded as a relaxed gaze formed from his eyes. "Yeah..." he said in a monotone voice. "My name is Vio..." He then whipped out his hand, gesturing a handshake.

I hesitated for a moment, but I shook his warm, dry hand. "Vio?" I asked. I didn't recall his appearance from anywhere, but his name seemed familiar to me.

He nodded and a warm smile formed onto him. "That's right..." He dropped my hand and he fidgeted for a moment as he rolled his eyes towards Dark grudgingly as if he was trying to avoid him. Then, his smile faded, "Who are you?" he asked impatiently.

Dark gritted his teeth and sprung away, immediately scoffing as he plunged his hands into the pockets of his jacket. "That doesn't really matter to you, does it, Four-Eyes?" he growled.

A smirk tugged on the corners of Vio's lip. "It seems only polite to ask..." He bit his lip as if he was stopping himself from adding onto his sentence, judging by his frustrated expression.

Dark let out a rough sigh as he began to rummage through his pockets as his eyes remained glued on Vio. "Yeah, yeah..."

Vio glanced at Dark's rummaging and he stared directly into his crimson eyes. "Your name?" he pressed once again.

Dark scoffed and a smirk curled up from his lip. "It's Dark..." he hissed, ending his rummaging.

Vio's smirk softened and he raised his gaze, keeping his eyes on Dark. "Dark, then?" he responded. "Great to meet you..." he added with a sigh, pushing his rims up to his eyes.

For the strangest reason, as I observed Vio's hatred towards Dark, I seemed to think Vio had already known who Dark was... I couldn't put my finger on why exactly, however, Vio seemed trustworthy enough. Maybe it was Dark's appearance? From a glance, Dark looked like one of those shady drug dealers you would find in the corners of a city... His messy hair and bangs covering his crimson eyes that looked like he hasn't slept for a few days made him look... untrustworthy... To add, his apparel only made him look like he had just rolled out of bed... Though, on the other hand, there was Vio; his hair—all neat and tidy... not a single hair misplaced... It was the same for his clothes... There wasn't a single wrinkle in them... It was as if they were recently ironed. They say first impressions are everything...