In The Midst of Rain I24I Part 4

Out of the past few days, today had the worst rainfall. It was as if the gods of the earth have been gently pouring a bucket of water onto the face of this world, but, for some odd reason, they had decided that the third, final day, would be the day they dumped it all...

I pondered why all this had to jumble up together on this day. Nothing added up; nothing made sense. The answer to all this was a pile of jumbled up puzzle pieces that didn't quite match up at all. I didn't understand why this all happened... As I stared out through the opened window with a metal pistol at my forehead, I was completely taken by fear and shock. I had so many lingering, raising questions as my life was practically held on a line. It all just befuddled me as I watched the heavy rain.

Yet, the heavy masses of water droplets still continued as the thunder in the sky roared nonstop. "We'll SLIP and FALL, Dark!" I exclaimed as my heart continued to scream against my chest.

He hissed in immense anger and grabbed me by the shirt, bringing me closer to the opened window. Then, lightning struck again, illuminating his furious, pale face. "CAN'T YOU TRUST ME THIS ONE TIME AND DO AS I SAY?!" he yelled desperately.

With rain now pattering onto my cheeks, I analyzed his scornful face. I still couldn't trust him as I stared in uncertainty, still unsure of what to do. Slipping and falling on the roof frightened me; however, being blown from a pull of the trigger at any moment... terrified me.

Though, through the rain, of what could've been a peaceful noise to listen to, I remembered a conversation that I had over the phone.

"Hey..." she said softly as she began to change the subject. "I know it might be tough with me gone for three days..." she said slowly, still sounding a bit upset about her situation. "But, if Dark acts up... you can give me a call!" She laughed slightly. "I really don't want to be bothered by him, but... if it fixes things... I don't mind giving him a lecture if you want!"

I had wondered why she said those words. She hates fighting with Dark, but then again... she probably hated being with her parent's even more. Maybe lecturing at Dark was a distraction to get her mind off her parents. She probably won't admit it, though.

However, as I listened to the not so soothing rain, I wondered if it was the time to call... or if my life was already over with this... idiot.

I tried to clear my mind, however... I wanted to get through this jumbled mess. "Dark..." I said, my voice shaking.

His hand was still clutched to my shirt as he spat out more words towards me in frustration. "Just, JUMP! PLEASE!" he said more desperately than before. "I'll explain EVERYTHING! Just..." Suddenly, he paused for a moment of thought, looking down. However, quickly enough, he jerked me towards him till we were both face to face beside the window with the blowing, storm of rain, and then he tried to force my head out the window.

Now, I was the one panting and gasping for air in immense fear. More and more adrenaline filled my nerves, and so, I tried to hold myself back from the whirling storm of heavy rain. This is not what I wanted! "STOP!" I screamed.

"If you jump!" he said, his voice almost sounding ominous.

I used all my strength to pull myself back; however, he overpowered me as he held my back down. "Dark, just stop!" I cried out.

He let out an uneasy laugh. "Then, why don't you just jump?!"

I moved my head down to avoid the pouring droplets of water from my eyes and my frightened eyes locked onto the bricks on the roof. As I tried to contain myself, I watched as rain dropped onto the roof as it all managed to slide down. This didn't help much...