Mind Manipulation I55I Part 3

The emanating eyes possessed a purple haze, presenting a weak gaze. The old eyes of the host only appeared to become more vacant... wearier—dilated. I then only began to familiarize with what I saw, but only in the short moments. But, where? From where? The purple haze began to fade, and his mouth began to part, but all I could wonder was... the glass... The glass in his hand. He was bound to the glass. Captured and trapped for a defeat... to be manipulated until ceased.

The emanation cleared, and the man fell back. My swarming, fretful eyes widened, and I leaned over the counter only to see him hit the ground. The distasteful taste in my mouth welled up in my mouth.

I felt I had murdered a man.

I stared, completely raveled by my thoughts. "Mind control...?" My voice was shaky.

Shadow's slick voice responded through the silence. "Does it sound familiar?" he asked—almost rhetorically. "The man is not dead. He's only unconscious... In fact, he's been unconscious this entire time. That's the function of this form of mind control."

I paused, my eyes drifting away as I collected my thought through the silence—the clashing glasses rang flat. "You..." My breath hastened as anger began to bubble inside me. I laughed quietly with no humor nor tone—mainly shock. "You did this." I leaned back, keeping my spread hands clutched to the counter. "You did this—you used him! You did this! Used him like some tool for an advantage to—"

"I did not."

My head spun towards him, and my eyes narrowed. I couldn't accept those words. Although, what was ridiculous was that... he had had no reaction towards any of this. He kept his same contempt, his crossed arms, and his direct contact. Zelda had beckoned away, though. She was standing by the booth with folded arms and clenched hands as if cold.

My brows rose—furious. "You didn't?!"

Shadow's head tilted. "If I had... it would've been more precise and effective. You would not have distinguished the fact that I had been doing it. It would have been more natural than a repetitive movement."

A nervous laugh rattled out from me. Truth be told, I didn't understand a thing he was saying. HOW was that realistically possible? It is not anything above realistic! This isn't normal, and it will never be because the only other person who was capable of this was Vaati! But, where was Vaati?! Shadow never distinguished that!

My brows arched, and I crossed my arms. "Okay, fine, sure! So, it WASN'T you, right?! Tell me how it's even possible then?! You couldn't use a power without being subject to the room. That's—"

"Absent Mind Control Type B." Shadow slithered, causing me to drop my stance. "Admit it, Link: you don't know anything, and you don't understand it... You're just afraid, and you share that same insecurity Dark holds... even though he likes to act tough. You're one of many, Link."

I smirked. "Well, actually, you only talk about yourself and blame others! You use that to avoid and change the subject! How can I know anything if all you want to do is devoid me of the truth? I ASKED YOU A QUESTION!" I shifted my stance, tilting my head. "Did you want me to say that? Did you want me to notice the bartender? Why would you bring us here, anyway? The picture you've painted... bringing us to a bar with nobody here and a bartender who had been used as a tool... You wanted me to recognize that too, right?" It was highly suspicious.

He lowered his head. "I don't like repeating myself. I don't like assessing things again—not things I feel like I've already explained to you, Link. But, sure..." He straightened himself, eyeballing me. "Vaati is out on an errand right now, so that he doesn't intervene this lovely conversation and break your dear neck." He folded his hands, keeping his critical, aquatic stare on me. "Although, to manage this situation well, I tasked him to use this form and type of mind control." He adjusted his posture, lifting his concise tone from its agitation. "It's quite interesting, though, even though it's not truly as effective and smooth. It functions with the use of a subject and the user's command to do anything they please... Although, as this type puts the subject into a state of unconsciousness... Absent Mind Control Type B allows the user to not be in presence—only working if the subject has a cycle... This could contain being bound to an object. Although to keep the cycle, the user must keep the subject in thought. They need to picture the subject in their head."