As Peaceful as Night Became Day I28I

The early morning's orange glow shined brightly through the windows and onto the wooden table. The opened window that I had stared out for the longest time, showed the vast fields that surrounded Malon's home... It was peaceful... even the singing birds that chirped outside were. However, I knew that this wasn't all going to be easily resolved... It wasn't going to be as simple as night becoming day... And, it wasn't going to be done peacefully...

It had been a long moment since we had both paused. I paused in thought and listened to the bird's chirps to hear Dark's voice by any chance... He had been asleep on the couch for a while. However, Zelda spoked again. "I can't believe this... Three more days... Three more days! My parents are not going to let me leave! I hate them!" her telephonic voice started again in frustration.

"Everything will be fine..." I told her again, slightly lying. Dark hasn't told me anything since... I don't even know what to believe, either... Last night made no sense at all!

"I'm going to try... I'm going to try and get back as soon as possible!" she said, determined. She then sighed. "I can't believe Dark would do this the same day I LEFT!" she grumbled in anger.

I remained silent as I rubbed the edges of the table with my free hand. I had told her bits of what happened... I told her nothing of Vio, Vaati, or Shadow... None of that... I planned on hopefully telling her when she got back... I thought it would've been for the best to not tell her much. She'd probably go crazy and demand an answer... which I had no answer to... Dark still hasn't explained anything!

"Oh..." she interrupted, alerting me. "The maid is here..." She sighed. "I have to go have breakfast with my parents...!" she grumbled.

"Alright..." I sighed, moving my hand from the table.

Then, quickly, "Uhm... take care! I'll talk to you later!" and she hung up.

I pulled the phone away from my ear and analyzed Zelda's contact. I wish I could've told her... She would've blown up! Then, right above her name, my eyes widened... finding Vio's name up above. I added his number?

Then, a click of a door closing interrupted my thoughts and I nodded up to find Malon. Last time I saw her was last night... it was awful... She seemed so tired, but so alert because she was so worried... Zelda must've been stressing her out! But, I felt bad seeing her last night... She's definitely NOT a night owl. I observed her, though, and she seemed fine. She must've been working in the garden. Her hair was tied up in the back into a bun and she wore a pair of floral gloves and an apron that were both slightly dirtied and dampened with small spotted stains.

She glanced at me on her way to the kitchen. "Oh, good morning, Link!" her soft voice greeted in a scurry.

I watched as she pulled off her gloves. "Morning..." I responded, watching her carefully.

She untied her apron, folding it up, and placed it down on the counter. "Did you call Zelda, yet?" Her eyes flashed up to me in worry. "She's really worried, you know."

I tucked my phone away into my pocket. "I just got off the phone with her."

She sighed of relief. "Oh, good, good!" She went on to the sink to quickly wash her hands and dry them with a towel sitting nearby. "How are you feeling?" she asked, her expression filling up with worry again.

Well, everything still aches and my wrists are sore... I sighed and told her the opposite. "I'm fine."

She nodded up at me and smiled. "Oh, good!" She then pulled her hair out of its bun, gathering her rubber bands and hair pins, and placed them on the counter. She then glanced up over to the couch. "Is Dark still asleep?" she asked.