Flame Sword I71I

Enveloped haziness and frozen chills, my drenched body shivered as the sounds of silence took whole. Pathetically, I stared, feeling nothing more than dread. Backed to a corner, there seemed to be hopelessly nothing I could do. Surrounded by little options, I wanted to search to find a better reasoning to this dilemma, but...

If I give Shadow the stone... He is going to kill Dark. What other choice was there? If I do not give the stone to him... would he really resort to killing someone? He is fine with hurting people and threatening to... kill. He does not seem to care about anyone else's lives... except for his intention of not killing me—which I do not understand whether or not if that intention is out of reliefs of the deal... or something else.

Keeping me alive for a nefarious purpose.

My sight shifted—puckering at Dark, who still clung to the wall with the impaled knives. Devastation flickering.

Why... Why, Dark? You showed me! Why are you afraid of making it obvious to them?! You have a level of control of your power... Why won't you use it?!

Nothing. Even in the slight shift in his throwing knives directed to Shadow... Did they notice? Purposely, he is trying to conceal his power. Obviously, he has a level of control... Although, I am not sure how long he has been hiding that fact. Has he always had control? He would rather suffer than pull the digging knives out of his arm with telekinesis and reveal to Shadow... his power. For whatever reason, I was not sure why he concealed the power.

And... killing Shadow... I had no chance. One bullet. His possessive eyes on me. A measly bullet would be a waste. The only chance of power I had... was through the stone... whether the stone's properties being for his retrieval or mine. However, what could I possibly do with the stone besides hand it over?

"Well...?" Shadow's voice lingered after his statement. Impatience dwelling but confident. "Either everyone's remaining life drains out, or we all just fade into the void. It is only a matter of time." he muttered, rolling his cold, aquatic eyes. "Only difference you can make, Link, is to choose whether or not it is smart enough to hand over the stone or not..." He scoffed and paced forward. "...See, I tend to think of it as... what would be the greatest sacrifice?"

"DON'T GIVE HIM THE FUCKING STONE!" Dark interrupted with a scream.

A moan of exhaustion released from Shadow as his face curled to its scowl. Pinch at his nose; fuss with his hand position. "The issue is... the stone is the only hope for fixing this. If I do not get the stone, there is no possible way of fixing this world's 'faulty'... As this faulty is laid upon Dark, he has to be removed." He paused, fixing his intent gaze on me. "Link, for the good of all our survival, give me the stone and let me combine the stones to restore the rightful balances of this world. Once Dark is removed, and my powers are restored, I will be able to fix the collapse of this world. Dark is too immature for those powers, so I have to be the one."

His words went over my head... Faulty? The balance of the world? Dark's immaturity? What reasoning was there... in...

"YOU LITERALLY DON'T CARE WHAT HAPPENS TO ANYONE OR... WHATEVER THE HELL HAPPENS TO THIS FUCKING WORLD!" Dark interrupted, leaning as forward as he could possible towards Shadow, and causing the knives in his arm to press further into his skin. A wince and deeper fixation. "YOU JUST WANT ME DEAD OUT OF SPITE AND FOR YOUR OWN CONTROL OF YOUR POWER!"