Behind Closed Doors I27I

I slowly opened my eyes, nodding up to the hazy darkness. I then tried remembering what had happened as my eyes glanced around the room... Nobody was to be seen. Where's Dark? I thought. Then, behind me, I heard moving around and someone's heavy breathing, so I panicked, jerking my arms instinctively, only to wince as the bonds wrapped around my wrists pulled on me, digging into my skin. I'm bound...

Then, a voice spoke. "Hold still..." he whispered under his ragged breath.

My eyes widened as I froze to gather my thoughts. I wanted to look behind me, but I was unable to. "Dark?" I asked, hoping it was him.

Then, I felt as my hands dropped from the ties suddenly and I watched as Dark quickly appeared in front of me to stare at me with worried eyes. "U-Um..." His lip quivered as he thought of his words and he began to rub his neck. He then threw his hand out in front of me. "Get up... Hurry... We have to leave!" he whispered loudly, his voice breaking.

I stared hesitantly. Dark was so jittery. He's usually confident in a lot of things, but now? I was beginning to feel nervous myself. My brows pulled together. "Dark, are you..." He seemed hurt...

Then, breaking my sentence, he jerked my arm rashly, pulling me up. "I-I'll answer all your questions later! We have to leave now!" he hissed, beginning the 'I'll tell you later' cycle again.

My eyes widened in surprise and I began to stumble from sitting down for so long, but Dark quickly led me over to the door with his tight grip on me, forcing me to walk. Of course, I still stumbled, but he held me up.

Once we had arrived at the door, Dark used his free hand to try pulling on the knob; however, as much as he tried to pull it, twist it, or wiggle it, the door didn't fly open as he wanted it to do. "That freaking bastard...!" he growled under short breath. He quickly began to panic as a heavy sigh was released from him. "Do you see any keys anywhere?!" he asked me, his voice breaking again as he whispered.

My breathing hastened as his panic began to take over my thoughts. "Um..." I released nervously as my eyes began to wander off to every table in the room in search of keys.

The room seemed as if it was designed to be a bedroom. It was a small room separated by a door, and instead of a bedroom, it was made into an office-like-living room. I still couldn't find a key, though... Besides, the room was neat and tidy... Shouldn't the keys be laid out in the obvious? It was possible... the keys weren't in this room.

Dark scoffed, breaking the silence. "Why the hell are there no windows?!" he hissed.

That's a good question... Doesn't a bedroom normally have windows? "Blocked off?" I said, suggesting an idea. I then remembered something as the thought of windows were in my head. "Wait..." I then sent my pulled brows towards him as fear began to weaken on my face. "You weren't planning on getting me to jump from a window again, right?"

He grunted. "I had no other choice!" he snapped. "There's..."

I stopped him. "You could've killed me!" I cried. He threatened my life! He pushed me out in that rain, and I slipped... I'm still not sure how I didn't break my neck... I'm not even sure how I was able to catch myself! Oh, and that ladder! Such a stupid placement for a ladder! It could've squashed me!

His eyebrows began to fidget in annoyance. "I'm not going to kill you! Zelda would KILL me!" he panicked, still maintaining a whisper.

My expression weakened as I began to wonder... I wondered if... Zelda was really all he feared... That none of this... none of Shadow's business was a problem to him... That... it was all Zelda. I shook my thoughts out my head. "Dark," I began, my tone fleeing away with fear.