Do You Remember? I38I

Ray stepped back in fear, his emerald eyes widening as his hand rose to grip his striped scarf. His mouth was speechless, and he soon became distinctly pale under the afternoon sun. His rise of fear became obvious to the point where even the black-haired, petite girl standing beside him began to become strikingly worried.

Dark found this amusing, though. He laughed, his intact glare becoming sinister with a curl of a smirk on his lip, and he exclaimed, "Boo!"

My eyebrows furrowed with disappointment, and I tried to scold him. "Hey—" However, my voice was immediately shunned down as I was interrupted by the petite girl that Ray was now trying to share his trembling hand with.

"You leave him alone!" she snapped, taking Ray's hand.

He scoffed mockingly, and a kooky smile formed across his face. "Oh, aren't you cute?!" he deemed, somewhat irritated.

The petite girl smirked, and her amber eyes shot at him. "I know who you are!" she bluntly stated. "I know what I need to know, and I swear—you better leave him alone, or else—"

Dark was taken back by her words for a moment, but he didn't stop there. "Well! His freaky bug eyes are creepy!" He tried adjusting his nervous energy by changing the subject.

They kept interjecting each other by ratting out on each other's statements but it was never going to end because of Dark's pushing, stubborn nature. The argument was continuous because of him. He didn't want it to end—even as though he was in clear defeat—he tried touching every subject against her and Ray. I could've done something, but I had a challenging time jumping in and saying something; and, looking at Ray, he seemed the same... The immense fear in his emerald eyes that was captured had dissolved into something of worry... At the time we met him... on that night... it almost seemed as if he held that same, exact fear of that night... That night wasn't anything to remember. Just why, Dark? Why? I wondered what was going on through his head when he tried to even... kill. Does he have to ruin every relationship we get into? —Meanwhile... as he lashed at this girl... however...

I watched as Ray's lips subtly parted as he tried to release himself from the grasp of his own fear. "Hil..."

The petite girl's powerful voice rose over his. "Seeing you now, you're HONESTLY quite rude! ...Just like I've heard! Why don't you back off? How dare you?!"

There was a short pause and Ray took this chance to stop her. "Helena!" he yelled, releasing his hold on her.

The petite girl blinked with confusion—her confident composure breaking—and I took this entrance to jump in and pull Dark's arm away towards me to end the argument... which was first oddly confusing but quite convenient with his guard caught off.

Ray's timid glaze had fogged him up once again as his eyes had connected with Dark's once again. "Helena..."

The petite girl's eyebrows pulled together in confusion, and she swung herself towards him with her small grocery bag in her left hand to face him. "What are you say..."

Ray clasped his hands together and sprouted a worried smile across his face. He froze for a mere second, but he continued with little confidence. "Helena, Link is a good person..."

I froze, looking at both the petite girl—apparently named Helena—and Dark as Ray explained a few simple things to her about me... I wasn't paying too much attention, though... My attention divided on these two... Dark, who was strangely at his normalsane—and Helena didn't mix well... As though... Dark didn't mix well with anyone at all... However, besides that small fact, I wandered to multiple questions... Firstly, I noticed Dark's sanity and it drove me insane... That night... That night... He was literally at Vio's throat with a knife... I wondered if he actually remembered anything... Anything of trying to kill him... It panicked me over the thought, but... maybe... he was just fine... Maybe he doesn't remember... all that... That's what I really hoped... But, it's crazy... Why did he snap like that...?