Cold, Still Water I64I Part 1

July 10th 4:14 AM:

Numb...

His body was stiff, however...

Of reaction, his body had curled into a ball... flopped over to his side, and there, he fell back onto the sand—back onto his ribs. He fought with himself, though. His body tossed itself—strangling itself to let loose—but the binds at his hands and feet made that inconvenient. The tremendous pain withered him from the inside out, stealing his breath. He tried to rip his hands from the binds for freedom to help his body receive comfort and air, but he stumbled at that. He braced the gnawing pain from the inside with his grieving screams... It scorched him... choked him... tormented... until...

He dropped his limbs and plummeted the side of his head down to the powdery sand. Rubbing against the sand, it sprinkled onto his smooth skin and took part in his black fringe. His rapid breath began to claim his body, and his cold sweat rolled down his forehead to his cheek. His weak gaze then saw the vast forest in front.

He could taste it... The leftover jelly... The leftover sea in his mouth... and the touch of sand on his tongue.

His eyes fidgeted, feeling a profound feeling: fatigue. The after effect... His shoulders heaved, and he retched from the bottom of his stomach to his throat, and... Saliva glopped onto the sand, and he coughed the remains.

It was like a headache... But, it was not just a headache... It was heartburn, too. Even as his head was weighing down on him, his chest had felt it had been burnt from the inside... leaving him completely charred. He did not want to move. He lied still. Keeping his head close to the earth to hear the waves move up and down... his pulse, and his breath... Slow...

Up... and down... Up... and...

Though, as he remained still to catch up with himself, he was suddenly alerted... But, alerted to some odd pleasure... Ease from coming away from a stressful situation. He was so overwhelmed by pain and confinement that he had almost forgotten about her.

But, the bonds...Those bonds... Such a simple structure and system it held, but the works of it... So complex. They were links that held. Not just a padlock, but its system linked to him and herself as well... Only to a special key.

The golden girl's warm hand tapped the golden shackles at his ankles, and within seconds, the solid gold seemed to dissolve. They sparkled as they began to flutter to the sky in pieces and disappear with a small sound of metal chains touching their surroundings—it was all air, of course. As they dissolved, his ankles felt looser, and then he was free to move them before he could realize. Upon grasping that he could move his feet, however—drawing his eyes—she moved to his wrists and did the same to those golden binds... They fluttered... The gold metal shimmered and faded away like nothing!

His crimson eyes rose open, to which his jaw dropped—flabbergasted. He jumped in his state of bewilderment and stole his hands and feet away from her before she could take them back. His jaw left his mouth to hang, though. No words came, but his eyes told her. Staring, they shook—terrified of her, actually. His nature... His past... His knowledge... She was... She was... She can't be serious!

But, a laugh. Her shoulders rose, and a laugh spouted from her. So childish—call it a giggle. But, his reaction... Was he a joke to her?! She could not contain herself! Yet, she tried to contain the laugh by clasping her chin. "It's baffling how you have come all this way, Puke-Face... Yet... this is your reaction to freedom."

His hand squeezed his arm, but he decided to distract his uneasiness with her stare by wiping off the sand on his jacket. So soggy... Not all the sand was going to get out easily. His drenched clothes were going to need to be washed... "You don't need to say things like that..." he murmured.