14. Yaaaaaaaaa!

COMMENT YOUR THOUGHTS HAHAHAH

"Oh for Fuck's sake, not today." Emma muttered under her breath in a way that Mary Margaret wouldn't hear her.

So here's the thing: Olivia was a friend of Rose's. How great could that be?

Olivia still lived in town and she rarely appeared at the diner but she did appear - like when it was raining and the closest place for her to go was Granny's even if that meant facing her old foster sister.

Emma and David still had to deal with those two women even though they were part of their pasts. Emma at the diner and David every week when it was Regina's weekend with baby Neal.

Until the time Rose started working here and apparently Olivia had her eyes on some hot guy named Robbie - Emma knew all this because he was all they talked about every time she came here - and he happened to be Rose's best friend.

It looks like Olivia was the same self-interested person as always.

She was the same really. She hasn't changed one bit.
Well now she actually treated Emma correctly, too kindly really. Fakely, really.
But unlike her, Emma was changed and she now could see all her lies.

"Miss Blanchard! What a pleasant surprise!"

Mary Margaret, apart from being the woman who was partly to blame for Regina and David's divorce, had also been her English teacher.

"Oh... hi."

Emma had never seen Mary Margaret despise someone. It was these small things that showed how much she defended her husband.

Emma looked down to not laugh in her face because Olivia's offended face was her favorite of them all.

"Hey Emma, it will be the same milkshak-"

"I'm not serving tables. Your friend is." Emma cut her off.

"Of course." she gave them a smile before turning around to sit on a booth and Rose sat in front of her after noticing her, the two of them starting a gossiping session that would last until a new costumer came in.

"Okay but if she sees Killian it will be so fucked up."

"Hey! Careful with your potty mouth!"

"I'm sorry, today has been a potty day?" Emma chuckled and sighed before she undressed her apron and waited till Ruby arrived for her shift to be over.

---

"Your friend called me today."

She was in the process of giving him her plate so he could serve the dinner-

"Rose?" Emma asked, blinking fast.

"Yeah. She's nice." He said and scratched behind his ear.

"Yeah..." she placed her - now full - plate back in front of her. "Is this some kind of I-think-I-wanna-date-your-co-worker-but-you're-my-ex-so-this-is-kinda-weird?"

"I...." he shrugged in frustration. "Yeah."

Oh.

Suddenly she felt everything inside her breaking.
The small hopes she still had, with the way he looked at her, the way he treated her, the small small hopes that he still felt something, anything for her, were crushed in one single second.

She looked down, pretending to start eating, her hands shaking.

"Go for it..." she chuckled, broken inside. "I mean... what do you have to lose, right?" She looked up, using all her forces to give him a teasing smile.

He slightly chuckled at that, closing his eyes and desperately wondering if what he was doing was the right thing.

"Is... it okay if I invite her over one day? Just to see if things work out, you know?"

"Yes, yeah." she answers too immediately, her nerves getting the better of her.

---

It's on a Saturday morning, that he so kindly offered to let her sleep in while he took care of giving him breakfast - that she wakes up with Killian's yells.

"SWAN! HE SPOKE!"

Was she late for her work? Oh wait it was Saturday- Killian was calling her-Wait did something happen?

"Swan! Wake up! Oh I already woke you up." he comes running in her bedroom with Henry. "He said something like 'bubada'? It was really funny. He was looking at me, I was just playing with the whipped cream on my cocoa and he wanted to grab it!"

She suddenly can't hear what he's saying anymore because he's holding her smiley son and he's on his knees, his elbows on her bed to talk to her. And it's morning, the sunlight bathing his skin and she can see how rosy his cheeks are and his freckles - there are just three on his left cheek, four on his right - or his white teeth, displayed between his luxurious lips as he grins like an idiot telling her his story.

And he's awestruck too, his eyes wandering all over her as he speaks because her hair is a mess and she's wearing a tank top that shows him her neck bones and he thinks on how her skin must be so warm under that big cushioned blanket as his eyes land on her bare shoulders for a few seconds.

"He babbled?" she asks lowly, her mouth curving into a bright smile.

"Aye. Lad, show your mum what you just told me."

As expected, Henry just lays in his arms looking at them both like he's saying 'whut?' and that makes her giggle.

"Wait, Emma hold him just for a second. I'll be right back."

She holds him in her arms, pulling him inside her blankets and hugging him tightly as he leaves the room and not even one minute is gone and he's back with his half-drunk hot cocoa.

He knelt down again and he dipped his finger into the whipped cream in his mug and put it on his nose.

"How is it, Henry? Whop!Blblblblblblblblblb!"

She's trying really hard not to laugh or cry - because, yes, Killian in her bed trying to make her son talk would be something she wouldn't mind waking up to.

She's looking at them both, waiting for Henry to say anything and seeing Killian's disappointed face.

"Lad, I didn't wake up your mother for nothing. Come on." he presses his index finger on his belly and waits, looking back at Emma who is staring at him with his nose still covered with cream.

He brings his finger again to move the cream from his nose to eat it and that's when Henry says a loud "Yaaaaaaaaaaa!" and they both blurt out laughing.