16. When?

COMMENT EVERY THOUGHT NANANANANA

Since the exact moment, Rose and Killian got back in the restaurant, her eyes puffy and red from crying but a silly grin on her face and Killian's arm around her waist, she knew things were going to change.
This was the beginning of something.

It was a matter of time for things to go worse. Yes, because from here and then, things would only go worse.

6 nights after he told her they were dating.

"Is it really okay with you?"

"I should be the one asking you that."

"Why?"

"I'm living in your house."

She had said it like it was the only problem, like her heart wasn't breaking inside with the news.

"You'll keep living here. I'll keep being here for you. Nothing changes."

It changed once. When an obstacle came for them, everything changed. They broke apart.
Why wouldn't it change now, too?

It was a matter of time.

4 days after, he appeared at the diner at lunch. Emma found it weird because he hadn't spoken to her about lunch together.

"Hey. What're you doing here?" She asked him, a curious smile growing on her face because it had been a good surprise to her to see him.

"Came to pick Rose for lunch."

It fucking stung.

"Heyyy! Gosh I missed you, I hate your night shifts!" Rose came in, her purse on her arm and giving him a peck on his lips.

The thing was: he didn't see jealousy. He saw pain of being rejected behind her fake smile, which was what he really, really didn't want to see on her face ever again.

That was exactly the opposite of what he wanted to prove with all this.
He wanted to see that she still felt something for her, but, instead, this only made him realize he was being an arse for having her suffer what she's suffered plenty when she was a kid, a lost little girl.

"Have fun."

Since then, instead of getting in to go get her, he stayed outside, waiting in the car for Rose.

3 days after, he parked the car in front of the diner like any other day to pick Rose again.

He was trying to see Emma between the blinds of the windows when he was interrupted with the sight of Rose walking down the small stairs of the diner, smiling when she spotted him.

"Rose!"

"Olivia! Hey, come back later. Right now I'm out for lunch."