36. A Peaceful Dreamland

Remember the OUAT book right? That's from I BEG YOU and that made them find each other because she went to the book premiere with Odette and he did too and then bam water broke? Okay just freshing your memory haha

Don't forget to comment :)

She calls Killian.

Is it useless? Yes.
He's with Henry at home. It's 10pm and it's certainly not him the person that will come here and take Neal to the station.

"Emma?"

"Hey. Hey, you okay with Henry?" She asks breathless, trying to make her voice sound happy.

"Yes, he's eating his peas purée. I doubt he'll ever get sick of it." She hears him chuckle and there's the sound of silverware falling. "Bloody hell, lad! He sent his spoon full of purée to the floor."

She tries to laugh, but then her eyes catch the sight of Gideon handcuffing Neal and guiding him to the back of his car and she swallowed.

"Late night at the station?"

She hears him. But she can't.

Even after Neal had spoken her name, all she did was swallowing and turning around to go to her car, only mumbling a "take him to the station".
She had been so weak. She needs to be strong.

"Love?"

She can't.

The father of her son is here. The man that abandoned her and him, the man that left her to rot in jail, the man that lied to her, the man that never loved her.

"Killian." She sobs, turning around to go to her car because the sight of him is too much.

"Emma? Are you okay, my love? Where are you?"

"Killian... Neal is here. Gideon found him. He's one of the suspects."

"Where are you? I'll go pick you up. You're not alone with him, are you?"

"No, no, don't come- I don't even know why I called you, I'm sorry I called you. I don't want to worry you. Neal is in Gideon's car. I'm just gonna follow them to the station and call my dad."

"Just please come home as soon as you can. Call me at anything, Emma."

"Okay, yeah okay." She sniffed, a tear coming out of her eye.

She saw his figure from the back of Gideon's car and suddenly she felt her lunch running up her throat.

She wasn't okay.
This was doing things to her. Bad things.

"Hey, Emma. I'm here. Everything will be okay. He'll go away again."

She wants to lay her head on her window but that would show them she's breaking. And she can't be breaking. Not because of him.

"Yeah..." she blinked fast trying to stop the following tears. "I'll be home soon."

"Drive safe. It'll be okay."

---

David doesn't know if he heard it right at first when she told him through phone.