42. Finding The Family

It's been a week since the fire.

Don't forget to comment :) ew computer needs emojis asap

The lunch is at midday. Killian is already standing up at 9.

"No... a little more."

"We have lunch at your parents', love." He bent back down to give quick pecks all over her face.

"What time is it? No! Nooo, that tickles." She babbled when he started kissing her neck, his beard scratching against her skin.

"What? This?" He pressed his chin right on her skin on purpose and she squealed, patting his back with her hand to stop.

"Maaaaaaaaam!"

"Look who you just woke up, Miss Nolan."

She rolled her eyes and sat up, reaching for the crib next to her to take her lovely baby to her arms.

"How's my baby, today? Hun? Did you sleep well, kid?"

"Yaaaaa."

"Will take that as a yes."

"Killian didn't let you sleep, right baby? Me neither. But it's-" she turned her head look at the clock on his nighstand. "Killian it's 9 in the morning! My parents' lunch is only at 12!"

"Aye and we gotta get up and get ready."

"They won't kill us if we get there half hour later, Killian. I'm sure Mary Margaret will only have the food ready by that time." She chuckled.

"Aye, Swan, but we planned at midday."

"I can't believe you made me get up early in a day off."

"Well technically you're still in bed."

Emma huffed and leaned her back against the head of their bed, pulling Henry to her.

"Killian, relax. It's a lunch at my parents'. Not a wedding."

"I just want us to be there in time, for once, love."

"Hun."

"Emma, you told your father we were dating. You don't think that changes things a bit?" he asks, although his back is to her as his hands fumble with his freshly washed shirt.

"You're worried it will change what?"

"I left you 5 years ago. Got you pretty hurt. Your parents should hate me, right now. At least I would if I were in their place."

For a split second, the thought of Killian as a parent of her children crosses her mind and an image of him protecting their daughter from every guy goin- wait what even?

"They don't hate you. How could they hate you?" Emma sits up, desperate to explain to him how wrong he's thinking now. She lays Henry down on their pillows and hands him one of his toys. "Wait just a second, baby." she says before kissing his forehead and crawling to where Killian is sitting, quickly circling her arms around his neck from the back, her head falling forwards so that her lips can meet his cheek. "They could never hate you. Do you hear me? Your brother was dying and you're here now, aren't you? You welcomed me and Henry to your home. You make us happy. You love us and we love you, and that's all my parents have wanted for my life. You've given us all."