19. Don't Mind

I'm gonna be sincere. You'll be mad at me after this 😂 

BUT LIKE I CARE

COMMENT UR REACTIONS

"Killian... I just... I think we're ready to go further."

He's taken by surprise when Rose tells him that.

They've been having lunches together practically every day, plus the nights she spent with him sitting on the bar stool even though he was working.
He's gone to her house twice now for some of their homemade lunches.

But now she wanted more.

"I..." he stared at her in panic, not really knowing what to say now. So he sighed, his eyes closing for two seconds and meanwhile thinking on the words that could possibly come out of his mouth right now.

He had been so focused on Emma, that he didn't even notice he was building something with Rose. Well, he only started building this relationship because of her, but now? He was each time more hopeless. The chance of her loving him after 5 bloody years? She had a son, she had someone after him. She was different now.

Even damned Graham was closer to her than him.

Did he really have a chance?

Better start fresh new. Enjoy what he has.

"I'm sorry. I've been so worried with Emma's baby and all the work that I didn't even realize you wanted more." he readjusted his sitting to face her, who was on his passenger seat. "I know I haven't been totally into this, us, lately. Things... life... just got busy and I-I want to change that. I have to enjoy more the little things." he smiled at her. "Hey, why don't you come over for dinner this Sunday? Maybe sleep there?" he teased her.

"Really?" she asked in surprise, smiling wide. "What about Emma and the baby?"

"She'll be there but we can still be together." He said and he had the feeling he wasn't just talking about Sunday but more about his future.

She'd be always in his life.
She just couldn't be his anymore.
He had to grasp at the straws he had now and follow wherever it led him.

---

He had told her about the possibility of her sleeping over but when she arrived with her purse fuller than usual, she knew it wasn't a probability anymore.

The girl seriously brought her whole house in it to sleep a night?

"Hey."

"Hey, Emma. Aw, Henry! It's his name, right?"

"Yeah." Emma gave her a smile and let her caress her son's forehead before walking to the kitchen with him in his arms.

"I made lasagna. I remember you saying you loved it." Killian said as he went to place her purse and jacket in his bedroom.

"I do. It's actually my favorite food." Rose happily said.

"Always learning new things about you, love." he held her in place, one of his hands on her lower back and his other on her forearm.
Like he used to do with her.

"I'm going to let Buckley in." he said before leaving Emma and Rose alone in the kitchen. And Henry of course, but oh well he was 3 months old and more interested on shaking his new toy.