24. Home

|This chap explains a bit of how it could be possible two people feel something even after 5 years without talking. This way it will sound more realistic (I hope)

Btw just saying: I loooove Neal. Nothing against him. Just for this fic.

ENJOYYYY OH AND DONT FORGET TO COMMENT CUZ I DIE LAUGHING WITH UR REACTIONS|

Henry starts crying, tired of calling them so many times while they're busy just taking in the moment as they hold each other so tightly.

"Why don't you go wash your face while I take Henry to the kitchen? Dinner is almost ready, just... come downstairs when you think you're ready for a talk?"

Emma swallowed, a small part of her mascara drying with her tears on her cheeks, before nodding - more to herself than to him - and agreeing with him "Yeah... we need to talk."

Killian picks Henry in his arms and Emma places his blanket around him, stuffing a bit under his chin so he can lay his head on Killian's shoulder.

"He smells really good." Killian says when he takes a breath on his neck. "I promise I'm not gay."

Emma blurted out laughing.

During these years, she had gotten to the conclusion that they had never ended it.
They only left things unfinished. Incomplete.

It was all about a sudden "I have to go" and a distance between them that gave them both pain.

Pretending that they never loved each other as much as they did, moving on, just lessened the suffering.

They always tried to forget each other, erasing the other from their lives because he knew if he kept pulling her, she'd never let go and she knew if she kept pulling him, he'd never let go.

It was not just about trying to live, but to let the other live.

The pain was now caused by not starting a conversation, by not asking for the other, by not keeping contact like they wanted. A week went by, a month was too much, a year was unimaginable... until it became routine.

The pain was a habit that they tried to ease with the help of somebody else but that also was a reminder that they'd never find anyone like each other, feel what they felt like when they were together.

But it was always easier to tell the others and themselves that they were nothing but young teenagers in love.

It was way easier to ignore their cowardliness for always choosing the easiest way.

And now they were going to talk about it.

How was she gonna tell him everything she felt when he wasn't there? What if he completely forgot her during these years unlike she had believed and now what he'd say would hurt her.

Pain.

Her biggest fear.

And so she was going to run away from it.

"Hey."

Her baby son was asleep in Killian's arms, his cheek against his shoulder and squeezing the blanket, as he cooked.

"The lad fell asleep. Could you just-?"

"Oh yeah yeah sorry about that." Emma quickly grabbed him in her own arms.