06. Empty

When Camila wakes up, the first thing she feels is a pounding in her head. She can barely remember anything from the night before, aside from talking to Dinah about how she likes Lauren.

Hoping to god that her friend hasn't said anything, Camila heads to Dinah's room, a little shocked when she knocks on the door and Lauren answers.

"Oh. Hey, Camz," Lauren sends her a smile, but it's a little forced, and that's enough to make Camila worried. "Are you feeling okay? You were pretty drunk last night."

"I, uh, my head hurts," Camila says, "why do you look so... awkward? You seem kind of uncomfortable."

"It's- uh," Lauren pulls her aside before she can go into Dinah's room. "You kissed me last night."

While Camila doesn't remember that at all, she realises that she's effectively ruined her and Lauren's friendship. "Oh."

"Don't worry about it, though," Lauren says, "I figured it was just the alcohol taking over. I was honestly more worried about your inevitable hangover."

Camila lets out a laugh, but it's more awkward than anything. "Oh. Uh, yeah, I am pretty hungover. Sorry for, uh... it didn't mean anything. I was just being dumb."

Lauren smiles at her and gives her a quick hug. "I know, Camz. Anyway, I'll catch you later. I said I'd meet Keaton."

As Lauren walks out of the room, the second thing Camila feels that day is emptiness.

R��h+t�