22. Hold

They don't tell anyone else. As far as the other girls know, they're just friends. Camila knows that's all they are, just friends. But they're friends who kiss, and that's got to mean something.

Camila doesn't kiss anyone else. Mostly because she doesn't have somebody else to kiss, but she also feels like this thing with Lauren is something.

So, yeah, they're just friends. But they're also more than that.

Camila wants a label on their... whatever they have, but she knows it'd scare Lauren off. Lauren's way more sensitive than she lets on, and whenever Camila tries to talk to her about how they make out whenever they're alone, she starts to close herself off, and the last thing she wants Lauren to do is run away.

She makes herself sick thinking about it, and even playing video games with Dinah and Normani doesn't cheer her up. She heads to the back room for some quiet and space, but when she opens the door, she finds Lauren in there, scrolling through Tumblr.

Lauren sees her before she can duck out of the room and hide in her bunk. "Hey, Camz. You look down."

"I've just been overthinking," Camila says, not wanting to give Lauren the real reason. "I'll- uh, just leave you alone-"

"No, come here," Lauren orders, and unable to resist, Camila complies. She sits down on the couch next to Lauren and keeps a good amount of space between them. Noticing this, Lauren rolls her eyes. "Camila. I mean it. Come here."

Camila shifts a little closer. "There."

"You're ridiculous," Lauren grabs her before she can say anything, and pulls her close, but she doesn't kiss her. She doesn't initiate anything.

She just holds her.

And somehow, that makes everything feel a little better.