12. Shame

They're in the middle of a livestream for their fans – Camila is still a little shocked that they actually have fans – when Camren is brought up again. She feels the usual warmth in her chest, because people actually think that she and Lauren would be good together, and that will never fail to make her happy.

Lauren, on the other hand, acts as if she hadn't heard the question is Camren real, but she subtly moves away from Camila and the younger Latina feels her heart break.

When their livestream finally finishes, Camila gets up the courage to talk to Lauren and follows her to somewhere quiet. "Why are you so weird about it?"

Lauren turns around, as if she hadn't realised Camila was following her. "About what?"

"About Camren," Camila notes how Lauren visibly flinches. "You really hate it, don't you?"

"I don't hate it. Like you said, it's just the fans and their harmless fun," Lauren sits down on the couch and shrugs. "It's just... I don't like girls. And I'm not- I'm not homophobic, but I just... don't like the idea of that. With me, I mean. It's just weird."

As Camila excuses herself to the bathroom, all she feels in the pit of her stomach is shame, and she hates herself for feeling the way she does.