17. Nothing

"Okay," Dinah pulls her ahead of the girls and into the tour bus, "why is Lauser being all weird around you?"

"It's nothing." Camila says; she's sure the last thing Lauren wants is for someone else to know about her kissing Lucy. "She's probably just tired."

"Did you two have a fight or something?" Dinah asks, before her eyes widen in worry, "Did you come out to her? Was she a bitch about it? I swear if she-"

"It's nothing like that, China," Camila reaches out and squeezes her best friend's hand. "I promise. I really appreciate your concern, but it's fine."

Dinah frowns, "Are you sure?"

As much as Camila really wants to talk to someone about this, she knows that she can't spill Lauren's secret. If it was her, she'd hate for it to get out. "Positive. Lauren's probably just tired or in a bad mood or something. We haven't fought, Cheechee. Promise."

When she hears the tour bus door open, she quietens down, her heart soaring when Lauren walks in and then dropping what feels like fifty feet when the older Latina doesn't even look at her as she disappears to her bunk.

Dinah looks at her as if to say are you kidding me? "That didn't seem like nothing."

"It's... I'm fine," Camila bites back any admissions from the tip of her tongue, because telling people about what she'd walked in on would definitely make things worse. "Just drop it, please."

"Alright," Dinah sends her an odd look, "if you say so."

d987K