10. Enthusiasm

"Hey, Camz."

Camila gets up and immediately walks over to Lauren, fully aware of the look Dinah gives her, and sits down across from her friend. "What's up?"

"Have you ever noticed all of these people," Lauren holds up her phone, "that ship Camren?"

Camila feels her stomach turn to stone, because she's definitely noticed those people. It was those people who helped her realise that her feelings for Lauren aren't as platonic as she originally thought.

"Um... yeah," Camila nods, "I mostly just ignore them, though."

"They're really enthusiastic about it all," Lauren says, frowning down at her phone screen, "they think we're secretly together or something."

Camila shrugs. "Well, it's not like... it's just some kids having fun. Let them get on with it. I was in their position at one point."

"It's just kind of weird." Lauren continues, and Camila wants nothing more than to be swallowed up into the earth right now. "We're both straight. I'm not dating right now and you're... do you like anyone?"

Camila's eyes widen and she shakes her head as quickly as she can. "No, of course not, there's nobody for me to like."

Lauren frowns at her. "You can tell me anything, Camz. You know that, right?"

Camila wants to scream at her, no, I can't tell you everything, because you'd hate me if you knew. "Yeah. I know. But I don't like anyone."

"I don't believe you," Lauren smirks at her, "but I won't push you to tell. I'd hate it if someone did that to me. But- uh, do you think we should tell these 'shippers' to back off?"

"Let them have their fun." Camila waves her off. "Like I said, I was like them once. They're not hurting anybody."

Lauren frowns down at her phone. "Yeah... okay."

Camila tells herself that her fangirl days were the main reason for her letting the Camren shippers keep on shipping. Definitely not because it's comforting to her to know that other people think that she'd be a good match with Lauren.

No. It's definitely not that.

-

This will update every Saturday with five new chapters if you're wondering about an update schedule. :)