24. Cheated

When Lucy comes to visit again, Camila feels like she's been punched in the gut.

She can't do anything about it, obviously. Lucy's really nice to her, and she's one of Lauren's best friends, so it's not like she can say no, she's not allowed to come. She has no reason to.

She makes sure that Lauren and Lucy are never alone together, but they don't make an effort to do that either. They're perfectly happy to hang out with her and the other girls, and join Ally on an impromptu Waffle House trip after their show that night.

They don't sneak off in all the time Lucy visits, and Camila thinks that maybe what she and Lauren have is actually an exclusive thing. Maybe it was just unspoken that they don't kiss anyone else.

She's wrong, because on Lucy's last night, Camila realises she's left her phone charger in the back room – she'd taken it in there to charge her phone while they all watched a movie – so she goes to collect it.

She finds Lucy on top of Lauren, their shirts thrown across the room and Lauren's bra on the floor.

They don't see her, so she runs away as fast as she can and ducks back into her bunk, crying herself to sleep and feeling absolutely cheated and betrayed.