Meal's Inquiry

Within the time span of about fifteen minutes, the man from before had brought out the dinner. Before that occurrence, though, Edgar and (f/n) had shot sarcastic remarks at the other. Technically, it was just (f/n) utilizing sarcasm. As for the green-eyed male, he just continued to tease her, and she fell for it every time.

Now that the food was on the table, the two quieted themselves down. Regarding (f/n), she picked up the silver fork by her and poked at the contents in her blue glass bowl. To tell the truth, she didn't know what it was. She wanted to think that it was a type of stew, but something was off about it. Perhaps, it was the strange blue-purple hue. Since when was stew this color?

"Edgar, what is this?" she questioned, stabbing what she could only presume to be a sort of meat.

"Why don't you just try it?" he voiced before eating a bite of his meal.

"Is it poisoned? Is that why you're not telling me? I mean your meal is blue, but mine could have something else in it. Seriously, who could tell with this color?"

"I don't need to poison you, (f/n)."

Her fork hovered over her food, as she glanced at the male questioningly. What was that supposed to mean? "Don't you think you've played enough games with me tonight?"

"There's no such thing. Now, please do eat. You'll enjoy it."

"Sure," she muttered before putting a piece of food in her mouth. Upon it entering her mouth, she recognized the certain flavors: turkey, walnuts and blueberries. How he had known that blueberries were her favorite berry was beyond her. Then again, she did eat foods with blueberries involved quite often. Perhaps, it wasn't really that hard of a fact to figure out. Likewise, this dish tasted amazing. She couldn't help but take a second bite.

Seeing her reaction, Edgar smirked and continued to eat his own meal. Of course, he knew what one of her favorite foods was. He did notice her leave her home almost every day with a blueberry flavored pastry in her hands. The distinct blue color was easy to recognize from across the street in the coffee shop. Regardless, he would make sure to have blueberry flavored items well-stocked for her, for his one plan would be carried out soon. Personally, he thought he would wait a little longer, but after witnessing that smile of hers, he knew he couldn't wait too much longer. She was far too tempting, and he needed her in his clutches.

Upon losing himself in his thoughts, Edgar failed to realize that he was bending his fork between his right fingers. In his mind, he was eating and thinking. Obviously, the eating part was lacking. Concerning (f/n), she noticed pretty early on in the bending. Moreover, she happened to see a strange smile across the male's lips. Like with the bending, Edgar didn't notice.

Thus, she looked on with slight concern. Furthermore, this caused her to put down her fork and wave her hand in front of his face. There was nothing; he gave her no response. With this in mind, she leaned back into her chair and crossed her arms over her chest. If he wasn't paying attention to his surroundings, perhaps she could get away with something. Deciding that she could take such an opportunity, she smirked and picked up her fork once more. It may be childish, but she did work in a toy store and still did act under her age sometimes.

In the next moment, she carried her plan out. Food rested on her fork and was aimed at her target. With the simple removal of a finger on the fork, the food no longer took residence on the metal object. Instead, it flew through the air and collided with the object of interest. It made direct contact and caused the male to blink in response. A shocked countenance followed, and (f/n) found herself beginning to laugh at his expression. As time passed, though, his mood changed from shocked to slightly infuriated to amused.

"You know I hate wasting food, (f/n). You're going to have to correct this," he stated, as he pointed to his face.

"It's your problem now, not mine," she answered casually, while she put some more food on her fork. Of course, there was still the occasional chuckle from her.

"Is that how it's going to be? Very well, I guess I have no choice."

Preparing herself for whatever he had in store, she pretended to have her attention solely focused on her plate of food. When she saw him reach for something on the table, she tensed and waited. He could make his counterattack at any time in the near future, and she would be ready. Thus, when he merely picked up his napkin and wiped the food from his hair, she was puzzled. Furthermore, he set the napkin down after he completed removing the dinner from his locks. Was he going to perform his attack now?

Waiting in anticipation, (f/n) kept her grip on a spare napkin, since she planned to use it as a makeshift shield. Rather than picking up his utensil, Edgar lifted his right index finger up to his face, which only perplexed the girl more. This was the case until she saw him wipe some of the food with his finger and lick it off with his tongue slowly. The moment he did this, she blushed furiously and no longer pretended to center her attention on her food. That was completely unexpected, and it generated a multitude of embarrassing thoughts in her mind.

Now eating her food at a rapid pace, she wished to just leave before he pulled another move like that. She needed to collect herself and watch some comedy to get her mind off of what just happened. Edgar observed her quickened eating, and he could only laugh. His laugh, however, went unnoted by her, and he proceeded to remove the rest of the food from his face. With her so attentive to her food, though, he could pull another stunt. Giving no warning, he abruptly stood up from his chair and began to walk over to her. As expected, she was caught off guard and glanced over at him worriedly. Next, she set down her fork, in her empty bowl, and pushed her chair back. After she stood on her feet, she stepped back some from his approaching form.

"What do you think you're doing, Edgar? If you want an apology for my earlier action, then you have it. Still, you did pull that move of yours, so we should be even, right?" she questioned hesitantly, as she took a few more steps away from him. "Can you please stop?"

Pushing aside her words, Edgar made a beeline for her. Freaking out a little by his unexplained action, (f/n) looked around for something she could defend herself with. She doubted that he would hurt her, but his charging state wasn't exactly producing a calming effect on her. Before she could do anything, though, he ran right into the chair that she was previously sitting in.

Impacting the said object, he began to fall forward, and she didn't know what to do. Thus, she did the only decent thing she could think of. She stepped forward a few steps and caught him before he hit the ground. While she thought that his collision was accidental, Edgar knew otherwise. He had planned to run into the chair, for he knew it would get him closer to her. Of course, she could've let him fall, but he thought that unlikely. Instead, his prediction was correct, and he was now in the arms of his beloved.

Due to their embrace, his fingertips could feel the softness of her skin and the silkiness of her (h/c) hair. He could detect the warmth radiating off her and hear the beating of her heart. Furthermore, he could see the red tint on her cheeks and smell the scent of blueberries on her lips. Overall, she was intoxicating.

"What was that about, Edgar?"

The melodious sound of her voice reached his ears, and he made sure to hold her gaze. Straightening himself up in the process but not letting her go, he replied, "There was something on your face that I needed to correct. I decided that a swift remedy would be required. I apologize if I startled you."

"You could've just told me from your seat," she voiced, trying to get rid of the close proximity between the two of them, since her cheeks were beginning to burn up.

"Not possible, you see it's only something that I can correct, (f/n)," he muttered in a breathy and almost inaudible voice. Releasing his hold on her, he directed his right hand up to her chin. He proceeded to run his thumb across her lower lip, as he stepped closer to her.

Becoming a blushing mess, she tried to back away but to no avail, for his left arm wrapped itself around her waist. Now mere inches from him, she found her heartbeat increasing. "Edgar, are you playing games with me again?"

"Hmm, I wonder. For now, though, I just desire to fix that error I noted," he commented before pressing his lips to hers.

(F/n)'s (e/c) eyes widened considerably, yet they soon closed. She didn't want this to be a game. So for the moment, she would enjoy this. It was something she wanted after all. Hopefully, she wouldn't regret her decision, for she couldn't seem to understand the man in front of her.