The Deal's Reform

Apparently, the house staff hadn't heard her come into the house; otherwise they probably would've ended their conversation. Still, she was surprised to find out the content of their discussion. Edgar was skipping his meals and had refused to leave his workshop. He had even declined to them bringing a tray to his door, so that he could eat when he was ready.

Adding to this newfound information, she heard repeated knocking coming from where Edgar's workshop was. Since she decided to ease her curiosity, she walked over towards his workshop and saw someone quite unexpected at the workshop's door. The man, who always appeared on television and pretended to be the owner of The Tinkerer's Treasure, was there. She was actually seeing Edgar's brother for the first time.

Granted, she still admired Edgar more, since he did work with some of the toys, but it was still shocking to see this man. After all Edgar told her specifically not to go into the upper east wing, since his brother liked his peace and quiet. That explanation never made much sense to her, since she wouldn't be making that much noise by just walking down the hallway, but she didn't press Edgar for another answer on the issue.

Regardless, she took another step forward. Light blonde strands of hair hung messily around his head, but they didn't go past his chin. Usually, she would see him with his hair combed back. Well, at least that was when she saw him on television. This hair color, though, complimented his light brown eyes, which currently held irritation and concern. His left hand rested in one of the front pockets of a pair of black pants, which covered his legs. A grey button-up went over his torso, while black slippers protected his feet. Even with his slightly slouched over posture, he stood tall. If he were to stand to his full height, he would be around six feet and three inches tall.

He hadn't noticed her yet, as he continued to knock on Edgar's door. "Edgar, stop being such an idiot. I can't run this company on my own if you die from this idiotic new ritual of yours. How do you expect to make those toys of yours perfect if you don't resupply your stomach?" No answer came, so he continued pounding on the wooden object with his right hand. "D*mn it, answer me! I had to stop what I was doing because the house staff is worried about you. So, what do they do? They come bother me for assistance because you're acting like a little kid. Now, open the d*mn door!"

To say that she didn't expect one of the company heads to be so loud would be an understatement. She had grown accustomed to Edgar's behavior, but she had only seen his brother's personality on television. In front of an audience, he acted refined and calm-minded. Obviously, he was a completely different person when out of the spotlight. Still, he was angry at the moment, so that was probably accounting for most of his behavior.

Her attention broke from her thoughts, however, as she heard the workshop door open. She moved over to the nearby wall, which was under the left staircase, and hid. Personally, she didn't fully understand her action, but Edgar never did mention what would happen if he saw during the two weeks. Likewise, she didn't want Edgar to notice her because then his brother would see her. Frankly, such a situation might only cause more tension. Sure, the house staff probably saw her standing in the hallway, but she didn't care about them right now. Thus, she proceeded to listen to whatever exchange occurred between the two brothers.

"Just leave me alone, Frederic. This isn't your concern."

"Well, it is now, since I came down here to tend to it," Edgar's brother, Frederic, replied. There was a pause after his response, though. A minute seemed to pass before the blonde-haired brother added, "You look awful, little brother. I know it's good to wear relaxing clothes sometimes, but this is taking that a little far. Look at you, there's coffee stains all over your shirt and pants. There's crumbs stuck to the stains as well.