Halloween's Approaching

It was now the day before Halloween, and things had turned back to normal between Edgar and her. Well, she supposed that they were somewhat normal. The scene of Edgar hugging her to his chest kept replaying through her mind, however. Of course, Edgar had returned to his usual vagueness when she asked him a question. He had also reverted to his typical way of teasing her. Still, there was a softer look in his visible green eye. She still wondered why he always had his left eye covered, but she felt it wasn't her place to ask him about it unless he felt the need to expose the reason to her.

With that occurrence on replay in her mind, though, she would pause every now and then, thinking back to it. Yesterday, she had let Edgar hold her for however long he needed. She would be lying if she stated that she didn't enjoy the contact. Just being in his arms felt so right, so comforting. So, when he let go, she was disappointed, but she had managed to hide that emotion from him.

After they were both on their feet, Edgar had proceeded to go back to work, but she had reminded him that he needed to take care of himself first. Surprisingly, he had put up no argument and did as she asked. When he had eaten something and had cleaned himself up, he had returned to his workshop only to fall asleep on his desk.

She hadn't left him there for the night. Instead, she had asked one of the maids for assistance. With the help of the maid, they had carried him up to his room. After doing so, the maid had left, leaving (f/n) to pull the sheets over Edgar. When he was hopefully comfortably situated, she had gone into her room and had slept for the night.

Once morning had come around, she had awoken to Edgar waiting by her door. He had thanked her for taking him to his room, but she had clarified that one of the maids had helped as well. Edgar only had nodded in response before he had started up on his usual teasing.

Now, she was retrieving some orange thread for a stuffed animal cat that Edgar was working on. He was making an orange witch dress for the adorable creation. The cats' bright green eyes seemed to glow with excitement for its near complete attire. Honestly, she was lucky to work with such a talented man.

Granted, she also couldn't wait for the surprise that he had in store for her. Apparently, tomorrow he had made plans to give her the ideal Halloween. She did feel the need to get him something for the holiday as well, but she didn't know what. It's wasn't like she had ready access to the town. Edgar still hadn't brought that topic up. So she decided that if he hadn't discussed the matter with her within a few days, she would ask him about it again. Regardless, she wanted to do something.

As she handed him the orange thread, she glanced at the stuffed animal again. A small smile hit her lips. Maybe, she could create something of her own. When Edgar had left for the store tonight, she would work on making something. After all she had watched him fashion many creations. So, she should have some ability to assemble something together.

Edgar peered up at her, after he took the thread from her, and saw her gaze fixed on the stuffed animal. "I take it that you like it," he commented with a small smile on his face.

"Yeah," she simply responded, breaking from her thoughts as she heard him. "Someone's bound to buy it immediately once it sits on one of the shelves in the store. Maybe add a few purple stars to the dress, though. I think it will make her outfit pop more."