The Garden's Luxury

Traveling through the small forest of beech trees, (f/n) hadn't realized how dense the forest was. She had trouble seeing between the trees, and the undergrowth only made this worse. Sunlight had difficulty breaking through the tops of the trees and illuminated the path little due to some of the trees arching over it. She could hear animals scurrying about in the undergrowth, making her stay all the more on the path. Overall, she wouldn't want to be in here at night.

Thus, it was a relief when they finally left the confines of the forest. At least she thought that they had exited the forest, but she found that they were just in a large clearing. The undergrowth had grown over the path, however. Just beyond it, though, there were square grey stepping stones. These stones were placed in a checkered pattern. In the checker board pattern and in the places where there weren't stones, there were patches of green grass.

At the center of the checker board, a massive grey stone gazebo stood. Stones steps, in the same hue, led up to the structure, which had an oval entrance. Within the gazebo she could see a black wrought iron table and chair set. A royal purple cushion was on each chair. Surrounding this seating, there were hundreds of purple lilies and blue chrysanthemums. Purple wisteria vines covered the inner walls, while fountains were hidden in the flora. There must have been colored lights in the fountains, for the water came out in hues of blues and purples. In order to illuminate the beauty within the gazebo, there were holes, in the shapes of flowers, at the top of the structure.

As she continued to view the spectacle before her, Edgar stepped over the undergrowth. He went over to it before going inside. (F/n) followed shortly after, still amazed by what she was seeing. She gazed all around the inside of the gazebo and took in the all the details. Her eyes couldn't help but be seduced by the grandeur around her.

"So I take it that you like the garden," Edgar commented, taking a seat in one of the two chairs.

"How could I not? This is just so unreal," she answered, sitting herself in the other chair.

Her attention remained on the various flowers around her, leaving Edgar to admire her without her noticing. She looked so marvelous among the flowers, while there seemed to be sparkles in her eyes. They beamed with utmost wonder as though they were cut of the most perfect glass. Light shined on her parted lips like they were dashed with just the right amount of gloss. He was tempted to just pull her over onto his lap and keep her there the entire time. Not to mention his desire to comb his fingers through her soft (h/c) locks.

There was just one thing that bothered him. It was her attire. Her chocolate brown sweater, tan pants and black flip-flops didn't do her justice. They tried to steal away her beauty, and he didn't like it one bit. Perhaps, he should've disposed of some of her old clothes and bought her new ones. Technically, though, he could perform such a task at anytime. Maybe, he would get her some new articles of clothing this evening when he went into town. Softer colors would portray her enchanting characteristics more.

Turning her attention back to Edgar, she noticed he had a far-off look in his visible eye. This was hardly a good sign. Moreover, he had gotten after her for spacing out, and now he was doing the same. "Edgar, are you okay?" she asked, though, there wasn't any concern in her voice. Rather, there was a tinge of irritation.

He blinked a few times before nodding. "I was just wondering what seemed to be bothering you earlier," he answered, as he remembered why he had taken her here in the first place. "I want to make sure that my assistant is doing well."