Inspiration's Consequence

Three weeks had gone by after the shopping trip with Edgar. (F/n) had grown accustomed to staying out of the workshop, since she knew that she would return to it after the grand reveal of the winter holiday doll. Besides, she wasn't met by near constant boredom like the last time when she hadn't been able to enter the workshop. Rather, she had been moved over to the workers' house to help them. She had even been allowed to sample some of the lollipops that they made. Some of the delicious treats had included flavors like pumpkin pie, caramel apple and pecan pie.

Still, the workers had treated her distantly, and they still did. Such treatment made her work with them just a little intolerable. Howard was a little better than the rest of the workers, but he still acted as though he wanted nothing to do with her. Frankly, if it weren't for the sweets and toys surrounding her, she might have lost her temper on more than one occasion.

Besides her time spent in the workers' house, she also spent time with Edgar at breakfast and dinner, though; she ate lunch with the workers. Just based on those instances, she presumed that Edgar was having a harder time with her not being in the workshop. She made this conclusion due to the fact that Edgar would now sit next to her at the dining room table rather than across from her. He would scoot his chair closer to hers until the two chairs touched. As if this wasn't enough, he would attempt to feed her at almost all of their meals together. To add matters up, he was being exceptionally clingy.

She didn't mind his behavior most of the time, since he wouldn't press her to let him feed her. He would back off and return to eating his own food. Regardless of this, she just wondered why he couldn't admit that they were a couple. By now, it was quite clear that they were, but she never received verbal confirmation. That fact alone is what mainly bothered her. Did he have some problem admitting to it?

(F/n) would even confront him on this, but he wouldn't answer. Instead, he would tease her with some embarrassing remark. She doubted that it was some form of commitment issue, since he wouldn't let her out of his sight when they were eating together. Even at night, he would check on her and ask if she needed anything. It was comforting to know that he cared, but just what was keeping him from verbally communicating that they were together? He never even referred to her as his girlfriend; she was just (f/n) to him. Optimistically, she thought that it had something to do with the doll. Perhaps, he was just waiting to finish it before he admitted that they were a couple.

Right now, though, she had just finished her shower. She had already eaten dinner with Edgar, and he was back in his workshop. Part of her wanted to return to the workers' house to help with more things, so she could keep her mind away from her relationship with Edgar. Additionally, she could keep her thoughts away from the doll, since she did wish to see what it looked like so far. At the same time, however, she had already helped the workers for the morning and afternoon. Besides, she was now in her pink pajama set.

Running her right fingers through her (h/c) locks, she exited the bathroom and decided to head into the kitchen to retrieve some chocolate milk, since it sounded refreshing. As she left her room and started to walk down the hallway, she stopped upon hearing a door open in the upper east wing. The familiar form of Edgar's older brother, Frederic, came into view. Personally, she knew that she would encounter the male face-to-face at one point or another, but she thought that Edgar would be nearby. Currently, the dark brown-haired male was not. Before she could quickly enter her room again or pretend like she hadn't seen him, the light blonde-haired male caught sight of her. She didn't know exactly what to do, since the man was practically a stranger to her. (F/n) had seen him on television and back when Edgar wasn't eating properly but that was it. Other than those facts, she knew that he handled the business meetings, finances and public appearances of the company.