Winter's Luxury

Everything was currently chaotic, and the day had started off with quite a rush. Edgar had practically pulled (f/n) out of her bed before he had set a tray of breakfast in front of her. He had told her to hurry and eat, so that he could continue with getting her ready for the announcement tonight. She didn't protest against this, but she did mention that he was still in his own pajamas. In response to this, he went off to his own room in order to probably change.
She wondered if she would have had a different morning greeting if Edgar and her shared a room like the one night. (F/n) doubted it, but she had been the one to force him to sleep back in his own room like usual. Personally, she did still like to have her space now and then.

Regardless of this, when she had finished her breakfast, she had called out to Edgar that she was done. He obviously had heard her, since he had came out of his room and had opened her main room door. At that point, he was wearing black pants and a forest green button-up. His bangs covered the left side of his face, since he only showed that part of his face to her.

Upon him opening her room door, the maid, Beatrice, had come into the room and had taken her breakfast tray from her. Afterwards, (f/n) had found herself being essentially dragged into the bathroom before she was placed into a chair, which was in front of the bathroom mirror. The chair hadn't been there before, so she assumed that Edgar had brought it in. From here, Edgar had gone back into his own room and had closed the bathroom door, leading to his room, behind him.

With Beatrice helping her get ready for the reveal of the winter holiday doll tonight, she had remembered the maid from when she first came to Edgar's house, and she had rarely seen her since. Even when she did see the maid, Beatrice wouldn't even glance at her; she would just hurry on by. So, it was odd having the maid helping her with hair and makeup. Still, she seemed nice, regardless of her first impression, and had made light conversation with her.

While Beatrice was helping her, Edgar would constantly check on her. Every five minutes, he would seem to come into the bathroom to see how things were going. She wondered why he hadn't just left the bathroom door to his room open. It would have made things much simpler for him.

Still, she didn't know why Edgar was rushing her so much. Even Beatrice was getting slightly annoyed by his constant intrusions into the bathroom. It was a miracle that she never accidently messed up the makeup, which she was carefully working on. In fact the thin black eyeliner contrasted perfectly against transition from light pink to light blue eye shadow. Her lips had a light pink lipstick on them, while her cheeks were dashed with a pale pink blush. Frankly, she wasn't expecting to pull off the light makeup colors so well.

When Beatrice had started on her hair, though, she had told Edgar to leave them be for awhile and that he could come in when she was finished. He nearly scowled at her but put up no argument, which was a surprise, and left back into his room. Beatrice breathed a sigh of relief before she started to braid (f/n)'s hair into a left-side braid. Once the braid was complete, she clipped small pink flowers on the left side of her head.

Instead of calling Edgar into the bathroom, when she was finished, Beatrice instructed her to change into the pink and blue flower dress that Edgar had bought for her. Nodding in response, (f/n) entered her room, as Beatrice waited in the bathroom.

Pulling out the expensive dress, (f/n) stripped out of her pajamas and into the article of clothing. Of course, she would require help doing up the back. She headed back into the bathroom and asked Beatrice for help, which the maid provided. When the dress was buttoned up, (f/n) walked back into her room and slipped on the pair of gloss pale blue heels.