The Announcement's Result

As the appetizer was finished, the entrée was brought out for each guest, and it went by just as slowly as the appetizer. People were talking among themselves and were lifting bites of food up to their mouths. Pieces of smoked salmon broke off in flakes and onto their forks, as her stomach made quiet noises. Occasionally, Mr. Helmsgrove would ask if she would like to eat at some food, but she shook her head in response. She just wanted everyone to finish eating, so that she didn't have to stare at the food on their plates.

Frankly, she could only peer at the city lights and stars for so long before the smell of the food got to her. At some points she was half-tempted to set the doll aside and ask for a plate. Her stomach certainly wished for her to do so. When dessert was served, she just kept her gaze on the covered doll and sighed. Thankfully, though, it didn't last too long.

So, when everyone had finished their food, Frederic stood up from his chair. Everyone turned their attention towards him, as he smiled at the crowd. "Now, that our food is finished, I think it's time that we commence the bidding for the doll. (F/n) please stand up and come over here."

Doing so, she walked over to him and stood beside him on his right side. She held the covered doll up, so that it was sitting in her arms and facing the audience. Frederic placed his right hand on top of the cover of the doll, ready to pull it off.

His hand tugged on the sheet, as he announced, "I present the winter holiday doll!" The sheet fell to the ground, and (f/n) stared down at the doll. Her (e/c) eyes widened at the sight of it. It was certainly stunning, and she felt honored to inspire such beauty. Still, the doll looked nothing like her. It was as if Edgar had used someone completely different as the model.

Long silky soft strands of snow white hair cascaded down her shoulders to her ankles. Her dress was snow white as well and was made of cotton and lace. It was styled in the fashion of a ballroom gown. Pink, white and silver snowflake patterned lace covered the cotton fabric on the bottom part of the dress, while the top had no design on it and was in a v-neck fashion. There was a pink silk ribbon wrapped around her waist, and a snowflake pin rested in the center of the bow, which was on the right side of her waist. The pin shined, as regular and pink diamonds decorated the shape.

Lace, identical to the material around the bottom of the dress, glided over her arms. Small pink silk bows rested on each elbow, while a regular diamond was fastened in the center of each. Gloss pink heels rested on her feet and had regular diamonds, in the shape of snowflakes, on the front of each shoe.

Turning her attention to the doll's face, (f/n) found that the doll's lips were decorated with a light pink gloss that transitioned to a white hue towards the outer part of the lips. She looked to the doll's eyes and was slightly taken aback. They were a bright pink and had a dark pink rim around the edges of the eyes' irises. Long white eyelashes, decorated with sparkling silver paint, fanned out over the eyes and added to the doll's graceful appearance.

Despite all of this, she couldn't get past the fact that the doll was so different from her. Scanning her eyes over the crowd, (f/n) could tell that there was some confusion among them. Personally, she wanted to run away at that moment, but she stood her ground and decided to just get the auction over with. Just why did Edgar need her for a muse, though, if he was going to make the doll look entirely foreign to her appearance?

While doubt started to set in her mind, Frederic began the auction, which directed the attention somewhat away from her. Still, she didn't pay attention to the rising numbers. Rather, she wondered if this is how Edgar idealized her. Did he secretly want her to look this? Were all the compliments, which he gave her, just a false play of words? Or, had he been imagining her like this every time that he had admired her?