Flower's Fight

She felt frozen solid. Her left hand hovered above the table, while the small piece of cake fell from it. (F/n) meant to hold onto the sweet treat, but her body wouldn't listen to her. Did she really mutter his name in her sleep? The (h/c)-haired girl couldn't remember her dream last night, so she had no way of knowing. Overall, she just didn't know how to feel. There was a mixture of embarrassment, anger, confusion and several other emotions that she couldn't describe at the time. Still, how was he able to hear her? Was he watching her sleep, or did he even really hear her mumble his name? Perhaps, he was making this up to mess with her.

Regardless, any wish to sleep later on in the evening had vanished. She didn't want him to hear her say anything else in her sleep. Even more so, she didn't want him in her room, while she slept. Granted, she really didn't wish for him to be in her room at anytime. Just thinking of the possibility of him standing there beside her bed, while she was lost in sleep, was unnerving. There was the time when she had awoken to him being in her room in the morning. Could he have been there for the whole night, though?

Wrapping her head around all of this, she didn't see Edgar removing his hands from her shoulders. She was just too worried about the implications of his statement. Thankfully, however, movement was beginning to return to her. (F/n) picked up the fallen cake and placed it back on the rose-pink glass plate. Afterwards, she placed her hands on her lap and stared at the table.

On the other hand, Edgar moved from behind her to her right side. His left hand gripped the right chair arm before he quickly turned her chair around, so that she could face him. He noticed that he had startled her but that only caused a small smirk to grace his lips. She leaned back into her chair more, attempting to get away from him, but she could only get so far.

He extended his right hand and arm forward, which caused her to flinch a little bit. His grin widened ever so slightly, as he picked up one of the cakes from the glass plate. With his left hand, he gently encircled his fingers around her left wrist. Lifting her wrist, he placed the cake in her hand. "You should at least enjoy one full sweet before we head back. Sitting there and staring off into space isn't going to grant you any benefit."

Her (e/c) eyes looked down at the petit four before peering back up at Edgar. "I don't want your suggestion nor do I want this cake," she muttered out, her voice taking on a lower tone. Of course, he would attempt to brush aside what he just said. If he wished for her to enjoy the snacks on the table, he should've kept his mouth shut. In fact she had the perfect solution.

Gripping his left wrist with her right hand, she removed his fingers from her left wrist. She spared no time to make her next action, as she raised her left hand and moved it towards Edgar's face. Within moments the cake made contact with his face.

Satisfied with her action, she wiped the leftover cake remains on her hand onto the top of Edgar's head. She hoped that he would have a hard time getting the cake and frosting out of his hair. Having accomplished her payback, she turned on her heel and headed out of the gazebo. "Some relaxing afternoon snack that was," she mumbled to herself, as she headed for the forest path. Still, she couldn't deny that the garden was absolutely beautiful. At another time she would come back. Right now, she needed to get away from Edgar.

Wiping the frosting and cake from his face, he grabbed one of the crème colored napkins that had been brought out with the tea and cakes. After he had cleaned his hands, he set the napkin down and decided not to worry about his hair. He was going to get a shower later in the night anyway. In reality he wasn't expecting her to do that, but her reaction was entertaining. It was even more amusing, since he had made that fact up. Granted, he would've relished having his name being whispered in his beloved's sleep.