Day's Diner

"The problem is that your employee was insulting my companion. Now, if that isn't an urgent matter, then you must not value customer service. Is that the case with this store?" Edgar asked, his countenance remaining relaxed, yet his tone was challenging.

Offended, the manager responded, "Of course, we value our customers. Every service knows to value them, since business wouldn't exist without them. Still, my employees would never commit such an act. They know better."

Sighing Edgar, pulled his phone out of his right pants' pocket and began to search through it. (F/n) wondered what he was up to, but after a few more taps, a recording began to play. It provided evidence that the cashier woman had said She doesn't deserve such luxury. He played no more lines than that one. Just when had Edgar started recording on his phone? Well, she did see him reach into his pocket and look at his phone, while he was threatening the cashier woman earlier. She didn't think anything of it at the time, though.

"Now, just by saying that statement, your employee implied that my companion isn't deserving of my gifts and that she is. She implied that she is greater than my companion, and she is demeaning my companion. To me that's quite an insult directed at my companion. So, do what you will with your employee, but I would like her to apologize. Adding to this, I would like someone else to stand at the register when I purchase that dress over there," he demanded in a neutral tone, while pointing over to the expensive article of clothing.

The manager just stood there, looking quite stunned. (F/n) found herself wanting to inch away from the scene with each passing second. She didn't care for the cash register woman's comments, but she didn't want this sort of confrontation. At the moment, however, it seemed like the manager was debating between defending her employee and accepting Edgar's demands.

"Yes, of course. Juliana go to the register in the men's department and send Isabel over here. First apologize to this young lady here," the manager complied, as she now awkwardly stood by. After she gave (f/n) an apology, she walked off and her manager soon followed.

When both of them were gone, (f/n) turned to Edgar and asked, "Was that really necessary? It really wasn't that big of a deal."

Facing her, he responded, "Of course, it was. I'll not have someone insulting you. They have no right to, and I won't stand for it. Now, go change into that dress that you like. I'll find some shoes for you."

He never gave her a chance to reply, since he walked off immediately after. Combing her right fingers through her hair, she let out a sigh before going over to the pricey dress. Reluctantly, she took it off the rack and headed over to the dressing room. Once in the dressing room, she examined the article of clothing again.

A white cotton bodice was covered with grey-blue lace and miniature pink flowers. Cap sleeves, covered in the pink flowers, went over the shoulders. At the waist was a pale blue bow with a Swarovski crystal flower in the middle. From the waist, the fabric became the color of the bow and formed a peplum design. The small flowers covered the top of the peplum design. Underneath this design at the waist, the bottom of the dress flared out and went just above the knees, as the grey-blue lace continued on this part of the dress. Around the hem of the dress, pink and white flowers wrapped themselves around it and extended upwards, while a bronze hued fabric took the role of the flowers' leaves.