The Solution's Target

After she had left the garage, she had made her way back up to her room. She had stayed awake until she heard Edgar open his room door and close it. (F/n) had continued to refuse sleep until she had heard Edgar finish in the shower and reenter his room for the night. Even after this, she had waited some time before going to sleep, since she wanted to minimize the possibility of Edgar coming into her room at night while she was asleep.

When she had awoken in the morning, it was to the sound of Edgar telling her to get up. She had groggily opened her eyes and rolled out of bed, landing on her feet. (F/n) had changed into a beige v-neck, black shorts and black flip-flops. To add to this, she had grabbed her maroon jacket just in case she had to make her way over to the workers' house. Of course, shorts and flip-flops weren't necessarily the best clothing choices for autumn, but she spent most of her time inside a heated house.

Thus, after changing, she had stepped out of her room and had seen Edgar leaning against the wall across from her door. He was wearing black pants, a light brown v-neck and black slippers. His hair was tied up in a red ribbon. When she had exited her room, though, he had pushed himself off the wall and had headed off towards the stairs. From there, the two of them had breakfast and had proceeded to head to his workshop.

As of now, though, (f/n) was heading towards the workers' house to give them a new order list from Edgar. The order contained the requests of two black and orange wooden airplanes, fifteen pumpkin pie lollipops and two plush dolls with witch costumes. Personally, she wanted to try one of the lollipops, but Howard hadn't let her into the kitchen where they were made. Hopefully, Edgar would step in and let her try one before the holiday ended.

Before she entered the workers' house, she stopped on the dirt path and focused her attention on something that she had failed to notice before. There, on the right side of the house, was a garage. Of course, the workers would have transportation of their own. The problem would be getting around Howard to search the garage. Perhaps, he had a key to one of the possible cars in the garage, though, since he was the head worker.

With this in mind, she entered the workers' house and closed the doors behind her. She searched for Howard, but the man found her first like usual. He towered over her, as he asked, "So, what brings you here today?"

She held out the list, and he took it promptly. He looked over it swiftly before giving a quick nod. With that he turned away from her and began to instruct the other workers of their new tasks. (F/n) took that as her cue to go. Before she exited the house, though, she examined Howard to see if he had any key on his person. When she took notice of no key, she concluded that it could be in one of his pants' pockets. How would she take a key from his pockets without seeming suspicious? There was one way that she could think of, and it wasn't complex by any means.

On her way out, she purposefully tripped herself. In the process of doing so, she cried out to get the attention of Howard. Thankfully to her benefit, Howard swiftly turned around and ran towards her to catch her. She had to restrain herself from smirking. When he caught her, she pushed all her weight against him, so that they would hit the floor. This did indeed happen, and she was now pressed up against his chest.

Using this position to her advantage, she pressed her hands against his front pants' pockets to feel for a key. Of course, she just made it seem like she was trying to get up. Sadly, she felt no key. It looked like she would have to somehow get into the workers' garage without any of them noticing, especially Howard.