The Break's Purchases

During the time spent in that one clothing store, which was well over two hours, Edgar had handed her probably thirty dresses to try on after the pink one, not to mention the two dozen pairs of shoes. Of course, she had refused to try them all on, but she had ended up doing so in the end. This was due to the fact that Edgar wouldn't let her leave the dressing room until every last dress and shoe had been worn. Once she had finished trying on all the dresses and shoes, she just had the urge to leave the store and sit down at a relaxing coffee shop for awhile.

This didn't happen immediately, however, since Edgar had asked her to try several of the dresses and shoes back on again. Not letting him win this time, she took almost all of the dresses and shoes away from him and put them back on the shelf. She had handed him the first dress and a matching pair of one-inch wedge heels before stating that they were going to leave the store after purchasing them. The male had protested against this, but she had convinced him that there were other clothing stores that they could go to.

Thus, they were now sitting inside a small café, which happened to be a few doors down from the clothing shop. The red brick walls and paintings of various wild flowers set a peaceful atmosphere, as pale green pendant lights illuminated the space. Their painted navy blue chairs had comfortable green cushions on them, which permitted (f/n) a nice seat for relaxation.

To add to the comforting climate of the café, her hot caramel macchiato really hit the spot. Her hands were wrapped around the blue coffee mug, as she leaned back in her chair. Edgar sat across from her, taking occasional sips of his iced salted mocha caramel coffee. He stirred the orange and white striped straw in his drink, as the ice cubes swirled around in the clear glass.

Luckily, there weren't too many customers in the café at the moment, so they didn't receive as many stares like they did on the streets. Still, there were some other customers. It was quite embarrassing when some of the male customers came to compliment her. Granted, it wasn't their compliments that were abashing. Rather, it was the way that Edgar reacted. The glare, which graced his countenance, made things somewhat awkward, especially since his tone became threatening when he told them to walk away.

At the same time, though, she found it somewhat amusing at how jealous he got whenever that would happen. This backfired, however, when she heard some female customers whispering about Edgar and how attractive he was. She didn't glare at them, but she would grab her coffee and sip at it several times. Still, a rather displeased expression decorated her face, and Edgar easily took notice of this.

"Something wrong with me receiving compliments, (f/n)?" he eventually asked, as a smirk tugged at his lips.

Grumbling out an inaudible response, she took another sip of her coffee. At least there weren't any more customers at the moment. A few chuckles left Edgar's mouth, and (f/n) decided to add, "I just wanted some quiet, and they were ruining it. That's all there was to it."

"Oh? What about when those men were complimenting you? You didn't seem to mind that too much. Shouldn't I receive compliments from strangers when you're allowed to?"

"You hardly permitted them to compliment me; you looked like you were ready to kill them. I didn't do anything when those women were giving you flattering words. I just drank my coffee," she countered, now finished with her drink.