The Night's Partners

It was the evening before the announcement, and (f/n) was in the bathroom, wrapping her warm pale pink plush robe around her form. She had just finished her warm shower for the night and was ready to relax for a few hours before going to sleep. (F/n) put her hair up into a bun before she exited the bathroom and headed into her room.

Just as she was closing the bathroom door behind her, Edgar practically burst into her room. Startled, she was about to ask what was wrong until she saw the grin upon his lips. He quickly walked over to her and rested his hands on her hips. With no warning he lifted her into the air and spun her around a few times. "It's complete, (f/n)! It's finally finished!" Edgar cheered, as she was just taken aback by his display of utmost happiness.

She knew that he was referring to the doll, but she hadn't expected this reaction out of him. This seemed a little out of character for him, but she found that his joyfulness was rather contagious, since she was soon smiling along with him. "I take it that the finished product turned out excellent, then."

Finally setting her back down onto the floor of the room, he exclaimed, "Of course, it did! I had the ideal inspiration after all. This winter holiday doll is the best that I have ever made." His eyes softened in their gaze, as he added in a gentle tone, "It's all thanks to you, (f/n)."

A light blush overtook her cheeks, as she glanced away from him slightly. "You're exaggerating, Edgar," she mumbled, as she felt his hands move from her hips to her face.

"Hardly," he simply answered before he rested his forehead against hers. "Now, I want to show you something in celebration of the doll's result." He didn't let her answer, as he pulled away from her and started to walk towards her open room door.

Knowing that he wouldn't take any protest, she followed after him but not before putting on her pale pink slippers. It wasn't long before she saw that they were headed towards the front doors, and she suddenly wished that she had taken her shower later. Edgar just had to lead her outside when she was in her pajamas.

Soon, he opened the left front door for her, and she walked outside. The night air was cold, making her thankful for her thick robe. Edgar closed the door behind them, after he left the house, and began to guide them towards the small forest off to the side of the house. Seeing where they were going, she mentally cursed him for having poor planning time; walking down the forest path in slippers wasn't exactly a swell idea.

Regardless, she traveled down the path with Edgar, glad to have company in the slightly terrifying woods. How he could remain so calm was beyond her. Granted, she didn't catch sight of the smirk on Edgar's lips, as she stayed very close to him.

Having his muse rely on him so much for safety was rather satisfying. It was even more so when he noticed that she kept glancing at his left arm, as though she wanted to cling onto it but her sense of pride was getting in the way. A light chuckle left his mouth, while he observed her struggle. He would extend his arm out for her to hold onto, but her current display was much more amusing. "Are you alright, (f/n)?" he questioned in an entertaining voice.

(F/n) glanced up at him and frowned. "I'm fine. I'm not the one with a creepy smirk on my face," she countered, crossing her arms over her chest.

"You find it creepy? Are you sure that you don't find it charming?"