The Treat's Result

Somehow she wasn't expecting to be practically pulled out of bed on the morning of Halloween. From the instance she got up, (f/n) was told to quickly get dressed and eat breakfast by Edgar. He left after making such orders. She could only presume that he was heading to his workshop. Still, the fact that she had a breakfast tray in her room did indicate the need for hurrying. So, she changed into a loose purple shirt, black skinny jeans and her typical black flip-flops.

After doing so, she speedily consumed her breakfast and left her room. She headed to Edgar's workshop only to have him telling her to get various items on the spot. Asking no questions, she did as she was told and handed him the various items. On multiple occasions, when she handed him what he needed, she took notice of the long list of orders placed for today. No wonder he was in such a hurry. There were about twenty orders on the sheet of paper that needed to get done, and usually there were only five at the most.

"When did you receive all of these orders, Edgar?" she asked, as she handed him a purple ribbon.

"This morning, one of the workers from the store called. They stated that things had sold very quickly this morning and that they needed replacements. This happened last year as well, but I always seem to forget to make extras in the case of such an event," he replied, while taking the ribbon and tying it around a stuffed animal cat. He next asked for a small bell.

She handed it to him, after retrieving it. He attached it to the bow of the ribbon and continued to ask for various things. It would seem that her surprise would have to wait. (F/n) could be patient, though, since Edgar was incredibly busy at the moment.

When late afternoon approached, Edgar finished with the multitude of toys and headed out of the room. He stated that he would be back soon, as he headed probably for the car to go to the store. She merely nodded in response, as she went over to the bench and sat down. Her feet needed a break from standing, since she hadn't sat down since the morning. This was due to the fact that Edgar would require something within short spans of time, so it would've been more work to keep sitting down only to get up a few minutes later.

Leaning her back against the window frame, she closed her eyes and relaxed a bit. She hadn't expected to fall asleep, however. So, she was surprised to find herself being woken up by Edgar. (F/n) blinked a few times before she stated, "I didn't mean to fall asleep. I guess that I didn't realize how tired I was."

"It's fine. I had you running back and forth for most of the day. Now, do you still have the energy for your surprise, though?" Edgar questioned, as he placed his hands in the pockets of his black pants. His dark brown locks weren't tied up but hung loosely down to his shoulders. He had on his brown v-neck with the sheer brown fabric underneath. There were black tennis shoes on his feet.

Smiling, she responded, "Yeah, I'm still up for it. Still, why did you make the deliveries? Usually, you just take the stock notes at night, but you never go during the day. You typically have one of the house staff take the toys to the store."

"I make special deliveries on the holidays. The workers there don't suspect me as the owner, since they assume the owner is my brother. Besides, do I look to be dressed as the owner of a famous company? They wouldn't suspect a thing, and the card, which I showed you when we first met, has deliveries written on it to. It's just in fine print and in the bottom right-hand corner of the card. Regardless, I need to show you your treat," he uttered, turning on his heel and heading for the workshop door.