Mover's Collapse

Pink hippopotamus, resting in her hands, was all that remained. Everything else was kept in the boxes and was going to soon be out of her possession. Granted, her clothes were already in her room, and her toiletries were placed in the bathroom. Edgar had managed to convince her to keep practically nothing. Most of the time, he mentioned that her room décor didn't fit the theme of her new room. It would look out of place and do you really need it were some of the things he would say.

The other stuffed animals hardly would throw the room's theme off. They were stuffed animals for goodness sake, yet she was just holding onto her hippopotamus. Surprisingly, Edgar put up no resistance to her keeping it. In fact he had a strange look cross his countenance when he examined it. (F/n) had no idea why he inspected it with such intensity, but he refused to answer her curiosity.

Letting out a sigh, she lay on her back and permitted her hippopotamus to just sit on her midsection. She was quite exhausted from the day's work, which consisted of moving the boxes around to get to others. Likewise, she had to have Edgar examine every item. How she had any patience left to deal with him was beyond her.

"You know that I can't allow you to sleep on the foyer's ground, (f/n). Now, get up, and we'll get some dinner," Edgar voiced, as he leaned against the left railing of the stairs.

"Can't you just bring the food in here? I'm exhausted. Unlike someone in this room, I wasn't able to sit on a sofa the entire time. I had to move boxes around and display over a hundred items. Honestly, I had to hold up some of those items for over five minutes, which wasn't necessary for you to inspect them," she replied, still lying on the floor.

"Some of your tiredness is coming from the fact that you didn't eat breakfast or lunch. Now, whose fault was that?"

"Well, I wasn't going to eat food that you licked," she stated, after rolling her eyes at his comment.

"I was just making sure it would be acceptable for you. Is that such a crime?" he questioned with mock hurt.

Glancing over at him, she saw him place his right hand over his heart, as though he was fatally wounded by her response. She just rolled her eyes again before looking away from him and closing her eyes. Right now, she just wanted to sleep; she would eat later. This plan didn't succeed in the slightest, though. Instead, she felt a tug on her right arm. Next, she found herself being moved across the tile floor.

Startled, she opened her eyes and peered upwards and behind her to find Edgar dragging her across the floor. Gripping her hippopotamus in her left hand, she made sure that it didn't fall off of her. Once it was secured, she yelled at him to stop, but like usual he didn't listen. "Edgar, I'm not some toy you can drag around! If you want me to eat dinner so bad, I'll go with you. Just release my arm!"

"Too late, (f/n)," he uttered. "You're going to be a terrible assistant if you're not going to follow my requests. It's only your first day, and I already have to get after you."

"Well, you're not an agreeable boss. What boss drags their employee across their home's floor?" she countered, as they came closer to the dining room.

"I do. Besides, you're not just an employee. You're my personal assistant, so you're treated differently."