The funeral and the unspoken words

Hey everybody or anybody,
So like I promised I have updated and so yeahhhhhhh.  ENJOY!

Lucy's pov:
It's been about a week, you know since everything. I've had multiple accounts where I've felt someone was staring at me, I just shook it off.

I was making lunch when the front door opened gloomily and shut. I looked over to the door and there stood  natsu. Natsu had bags under his eyes his face was gloomier and grey and his eyes were half lidded, he looked half dead.

I said to him, "Hey. What's wrong?" Natsu took a deep breath and his eyes became teary-eyed, he sniffed once.

"He's, he's, dead." Natsu burst out crying. I grabbed him and stroked his hair.

"Who's he Honey?"  I inquired stroking his hair steadily.

"Max! He's gone. He killed himself last night. He, he, I knew him since I was, was eight." Natsu wailed and bawled as he cried.

"Oh baby, did he go to our school?" I asked.

"No hes older but he went to Mongolia school, I, I went,went to his football games all the time when, when I was ten." Natsu hiccuped and stuttered.

"How old was he?" I asked as his breathing steadied.

"23." Natsu muttered pressing his head into my neck.

"When's his funeral?"

"Next week." Natsu mumbled.

-Time skip next week-

It was the day, if the funeral. The gang wasn't going just natsu and Lucy. It didn't matter though cease tonight was all about max. It was finally time for natsu to do his speech.
"My names natsu dragneel. I first met max when he was 15 I was eight. It was when I first moved to Mongolia, he was my neighbor he taught me so many things. He was my best friend the brother I never had, and I'm thankful for that. I can't say how long I knew him because to be honest I didn't know him half as long as you guys knew him. I wasn't his family, but I considered him family. Talking to him was my favorite part of the day. He knew me better than I knew myself. That's why when I say he will be missed I mean it. I hope you'll let me sing this song I wrote specially for him." Natsu looked to Max's parents and once he saw they nodded their heads he smiled and walked to the piano. He began to play.
(Natsu singing= bold)
You must have been in a
Place so dark
You couldn't feel the light
Reachin' for you through
That stormy cloud
Now here we are
Gathered in our little hometown
This can't be the way
You meant to draw a crowd

Oh why, that's what I keep asking
Was there anything I could've
Said or done
Oh, I had no clue you were
Masking
A troubled soul, God only knows
What went wrong and why
You would leave the stage
In the middle of a song

Now in my mind I'll keep you frozen
As a seventeen-year-oldies
Rounding third to score the
Winning run
You always played with passion
No matter what the game
When you took the stage
You'd shine just like the sun

Oh why, that's what I keep asking
Was there anything I could've
Said or done
Oh, I had no clue you were
Masking
A troubled soul, God only knows
What went wrong and why
You would leave the stage
In the middle of a song

Now the oak trees are swaying
In the early autumn breeze
A golden sun is shining on my face
Through tangled thoughts
I hear a mockingbird sing
This old world really ain't that
Bad of a place

Oh why, there's no comprehending
And who am I to try to
Judge or explain
Oh, but I do have one
Burning question
Who told you life wasn't
Worth the fight
They were wrong, they lied
Now you're gone and we cry
'Cause it's not like you to
Walk away
In the middle of a song

Your beautiful song
Your absolutely beautiful song

None noticed a stray tear fall down natsus pale cheeks as he watched his sheet music, almost as if he was waiting for some type of message to appear on the written music, the sad part is nothing ever did.

-Time skip-

The ceremony was over, everyone was gone except natsu. It was raining and natsu was standing watching the tombstone. The rain fell down natsus cheeks but some lone drops were warmer and they didn't come from the sky they came from  his eyes.

Lucy watched from afar with an umbrella. She slowly gained the courage and approached the pink headed man. She didn't say anything she just sat down next to him and watched the grave with him.

It wasn't said but it didn't need to be because the two  heard the unspoken 'I care.' That rang through their ears~

Hey everybody or anybody!
So yeah this was kinda depressing and yeah. I'm sorry it was max I just couldn't come up with anyone else that was actually realistic.
Anyway

Song: why
Artist: rascal flatts

Soo,
STAY CLASSY,
  I don't own fairytail or any of its characters or songs that have been explicit no copyright infringement intended

Byeeeeeeeeeeee✌️✌✌😁😁😁