The Game of Love

Sarah:

Never have I ever thought the day would come when Leon Ferron would enter back in my life, only making it twenty times worse than Hell. And believe me when I say that this bastard has done nothing more than torture me with his cynical and vulgar personality. I’ve always believed that he was gone—vamoosed—and out of my life forever. I’ve always believed that he was out of the picture. But I guess life has its way of pissing you off. Mind if I take you through a trip down memory lane?

Hell broke loose eight years ago. It was during fourth grade when Leon was introduced as the new kid in class. While on the outside he may seem like the cool kid who didn’t really care about anything and didn’t bother anyone, it wasn’t until later that day that I realize how evil like the devil he really is. Leon had dark brown and messy hair along with grey eyes. The way he dressed made him look like some “cool guy.” Our teacher, Ms. Hugh, had him take the seat at my table. At first, I never minded, but the first comment he made just had my blood boil. “You have blonde hair; well you must be an idiot.” My glare only made him laugh. What irritated me the most was, that no one heard him but me since it was in a whisper.

“As a matter of fact,” I whispered harshly, “I have A’s in most of my classes.”

“Oh yeah, so what classes do you not have an A in?” That stupid grin of his made me want to smack him across the face. When he leaned forward, he asked, “Could it be English, PE, or Math?”

“Oh that is it!” I yelled, pushing him off the chair. Everyone turned heads, shocked at what I had done to the new kid.

“Sarah!” called out Ms. Hugh. “How dare you do such a thing to a new student?”

“You didn’t hear him!” I argued. “He kept calling me stupid because I’m blonde!”

“And you think such a comment deserves being pushed to the ground?” she asked, trying to put me into a corner, which she failed to do since I countered:

“Yes! I think he deserves it!” Leon, who brushed off the dust from his clothes, heaved out a sigh.

“Ms. Hugh, I swear, I said nothing like that!” he interrupted, sounding all innocent.

She only sighed, and I could tell that she was thinking something along the lines of “Already these kids are arguing.” Shaking her head she warns us not to do stupid things again, which I agree to as well as Leon. However, by the look in his eye, I could tell he had more tricks up his sleeve to make me suffer.

Might I say that I was right? The rest of the day he tripped me on concrete when no one was looking, he pulled strands of my hair, and worst of all he dumped his lunch all over me. What sucked was that no matter how many times I told the teachers, they wouldn’t believe me, saying that I’m just trying to get him in trouble—that I’m asking for attention. Even though I ask my classmates and witnesses for their support, they just shake their heads. Eventually, every kid was joining in the fun of bullying me.

Day by day they’d pull pranks on me. Not to mention, the girls would shove my head down the toilet water. God that was the last time I ever used public restrooms. So as I’ve said, my life became hell as soon as Leon entered my life. As for my friends, let’s just say that he found his way around to get them to think I betrayed them. And to think such a thing like this could happen in the fourth grade! I didn’t believe it myself until I experienced it. Even though I managed to keep my grades up, my teachers started to hate me and had to call repeatedly to my parents, who now disown me whenever my classmates’ parents ask if I’m their daughter.

Leon Ferron has done nothing but ruin my life. It’s thanks to him that my parents reject me as well as my old friends and teachers. Each day I’ve had to be called in to the principal’s office. Four words to say: Go to Hell Leon!