The Game of Love Chapter 2

Sarah:

Leaning against my locker, I banged my head against the metal repeatedly. How dare he come to my school? “That son of a bitch…” I muttered under my breath.

“Watch your language!” scolded Seth as he sat next to me. I laughed a little. “Look, I know you’re pissed, but can’t you just ignore him?” When I shot him a look, he retreats. “Sorry…”

“Its fine, Seth,” I said tiredly. Resting my head on his shoulder, he intertwines his fingers in mine. “Hey…how much longer until lunch is over?”

Looking over at the clock, he replied, “Five more minutes. Why do you ask?”

Shrugging, I answered, “I don’t know… I just need to cool off my head. I hear that Leon has the same classes as me… Eff my life…” He laughed. “What’s so funny?”

“The way you said it: ‘Eff my life.’” I rolled my eyes, pushing Seth slightly. “Violence is not the answer,” he scolded. After a minute of silence, he said, “Look, don’t bother so much about him, all right? I’ve got to go; you know how strict Mrs. Grim can be.”

“Thus, the name,” I joked which he laughed at.

“There, just be yourself, Sarah. Don’t lose it to that bastard.” Getting up on his feet, he ruffled my hair, picked up his books, and headed off to AP Calculus. Great…next I have World History…my least favorite subject ever. What makes it worse? Leon’s going to be there… Sighing, I place my bagged lunch in my locker, grabbed by books, and slammed the door, grudgingly heading off to my next class.

Thankfully, in World History, I didn’t have to sit next to Leon since he’s surrounded by girls. However, as soon as I entered the class, he shot a look at me, that stupid smirk plastered on his face, trying to get his grey eyes to glisten. When I roll my eyes, the girls surrounding glared at me. Wow…they just don’t get it do they? Whatever, these Barbie girls can please themselves however they want and remain ignorant about what kind of monster Leon really is.

Just as I take my seat near the window up front, I feel his gaze staring me down from across the room. As much as I want to spout cruel things to him, I take Seth’s advice and keep my cool—remain myself. Here’s the thing, Sarah is someone who’ll just about send threats and cold messages to my childhood bully. But still, I have to no lose myself since Mrs. Atteburry is sitting right across from me.

My fingers drumming on the desk, constraining my annoyance as I could so definitely tell that Leon’s smirking at me even as he’s speaking to those girls. Hearing the girls giggle at his “jokes,” made me want to barf. Instead, I roll my eyes in aggravation.

“Excuse me, Laurie,” he said to one of the girls. That’s when I hear him striding over to me.

I turned to meet his gaze, my eyes practically glaring at his bantered ones. “What is it?” I ask in a calm manner.

He takes makes his way around me desk so that he’d be directly in front of me. I sigh, turning my head so I wouldn’t have to look at him. “About that talk…”

“Let me guess…it has to do with you sexually harassing me later on?” asked I in a hushed tone. “Or is it blackmail?”

Leon only laughed like what I was asking was a joke. My glare only makes him laugh harder as always. “Well let me make one thing clear, I’m not here to kill me.”

“You’ve said that already. And I get it,” I interrupt.

“Anyway…” he began, “I’m just here to tell you that I’m not here to ruin your life.”

“Yeah right, liar,” I mutter harshly.

“You’re not letting me finish, Miss Blondie.” When I turn to glare, he only grins. Reaching for my hand, I lean back in my chair, in which he follows so that his face would be only an inch apart. Noticing my frantic expression, his grin only widens. “I’m here for something else.”

I could feel the burning glares from the girls across the rooms, envying that Leon’s face is just an inch away from mine (of course, I resented this completely). “Then what is it?” asked I.

Just when I thought he’d abandon the question for a second time, he brings himself so close I could’ve sworn he almost kissed me. Why isn’t Mrs. Atteburry paying any heed to this? Forget her, what is he implying. And when I thought things couldn’t get any crazier, he whispered, “I want your love…”