The Game of Love Chapter 7

Sarah:

Kissed for a second time should’ve been something I was expecting. Reaching my car, I wiped off the feel of his lips with my sleeve. Great…on the same day, too, I thought dreadfully. When I got home, I made sure I took a good shower, cleaning myself entirely. After changing to my night clothes, I flopped on my bed, sleeping all of today’s events off.

The next day, I was glad towards the fact that I didn’t have to carpool with Leon in my car. Reaching the entrance of the doors, I met up with my little crew. “Hey guys,” I greeted.

Sophia smiled, greeting back, “Hey. So…just yesterday I saw Leon sitting at the school’s front entrance looking…sad… And he was all alone. Man, I asked if I could drop him home, but he declined.” She sighed in dejection. “You’re so cruel to do such a thing as ditching him like that, Sarah.”

I rolled my eyes. “You know why!” I retorted. That’s when I’m whacked on the back of my head by this backpack. Forced forward, I look up to see Leon, looking back at me smirking, that devilish smirk. Following that was his derisive laugh as he, high-five everyone who witnessed it (excluding my friends). I so knew it was too good to be true. He’s back to the Leon I’ve known eight years ago—a mother freaking jerk! I glared, and then turned my attention to everyone. “I told you he was trying to mess with me! God, you guys never listen! I so told you all that he was trying to throw me off; now look what he’s doing! That bastard is going to ruin me for life!”

Before they could try to calm me down, I storm into the building. As I practically threw everything in my locker, I slammed the door. That’s when I felt Seth’s hands grip my wrists tightly. I whip around, unintentionally glaring at him. “Sarah…here…” he sighed as he handed me the only thing that can cool me down: a bottle of Coca-Cola.

Twisting the cap off, I chugged a large amount of Coke. The cool liquid streamed its way through my system, soothing my nerves as it always does whenever I’m stressed. As soon as it was half empty, I put the cap on, let out a relieved, “Ahhhh,” gave back the Coke, and turned my attention to Seth. When he raised his brows, I answer, “Much better.”

He smiled, taking a sip for himself. Just when I was pushed roughly against my locker by Leon, who kept laughing and smiling in nastiness, I outstretched my hand. But Seth shook his head, saying, “This is the only Coke I have left on me. Save the rest for when you’ve really broke your limit.” I sighed in agreement, making him smile. “I’ll see you in PE.”

Leaving the locker rooms, I made my way over to Seth who was standing on the other side waiting for me. Right when I turned on the corner, I felt a foot—Leon’s foot—trip me, causing me to nearly fall face first. Thankfully, that didn’t happen. With Leon laughing in scorn, I pushed myself up to my feet, ready to fight this bastard. However, Seth takes my place and punches him right across the face.

“What the fuck, man? I was trying to have a little fun!” yelled Leon angrily.

“You think this is fun?” asked Seth, voice rising. “Just two days ago you were all over her, and now you’re pushing her around, hurting her!” Now, everyone was surrounding us three (the teachers still in the lockers, making sure everyone’s out). “What, is she just some toy to you? You seriously think that you can mess with her like that?”

Leon looked over at me, then Seth, smiling. Oh motherfucker… “Yes.” Right then I was about to tackle and pound him in the face, but like before, Seth took my place and punched Leon across the face. This time, he went down.

Before Seth could go any further, Leon lying there with his hands pressed against his face in pain, he pulls me by the arm as he whispers, “Let’s get out of here. Don’t want to make the situation worse than it already is.” I nod in agreement, as we walked away from the scene like it never happened.