The Game of Love Chapter 42

I'm sorry it's not super long even after a week long wait...but there was hardly much to put in so... Well hopefully you like it! Anyway, vote, comment, and fan if you did like it! xD Last chapter is next, and an epilogue will follow, so yeah. Oh, and I worked on this until midnight, so I didn't proofread (it's never proofread, if you haven't noticed yet).

------------------------------------------------------

Sarah:

Greg Aires walked by with his dark hair all in a mess, his tux all wrinkled. Only one word could form in my mind: A fight happened. It couldn’t have been here though—probably out in the hall. However, I wasn’t all too surprised since Greg is one of the few people who pick at other guys’ girlfriends—it’s like he looks for trouble. Judging by the red marks and bruises on his face, I could partially guess who kicked his ass this time.

Luke Warner.

He’s captain of the football and wrestling team. He’s almost freaking ripped, and I’ve heard rumors that he’s seriously got an eight-pack. I rolled my eyes at that because one time, since he lives in my neighborhood, he came running by my house. Catching sight of me, he halted to have small chat with me about this project for Pre-Calculus (yes, this was last year). While he was talking, I kept a straight face as my eyes scanned his body. Sure enough, there was only a six-pack. I mean, okay that could’ve changed over a year, but I highly doubt he’s got an eight-pack.

Luke’s girlfriend is Leila Wynn, one of the school’s absolute beauties. Believe me when I say she’s the most gorgeous girl in school (no homo). And have you ever heard of the most symmetrical faces being the most beautiful? Well that’s Leila for you. Not to mention, she doesn’t wear any makeup—all natural with her perfect cheekbones, jawbone, and skin tone. Not a single blemish would suddenly appear on her face. Anyway, she’s this really sweet girl who’s very down-to-earth and doesn’t bother with stupid drama at school. Honestly, she’s like most guys’ dream girl—she’s got a girly side and a tomboy side. Since she was in elementary school, Leila was always one of the guys.

As I’ve heard it, right after Greg passed by, apparently he practically cornered Leila, leading her to the hall alone with him (much to her reluctance). Anyway, he was basically forcing a make out session with him when Luke came into the picture. There was a lot of yelling, and eventually it turned into something like two remaining tributes of The Hunger Games. It was that brutal (said one of the witnesses). After their brawl, Greg gave up and merely walked away.

And while all that mess is going on, on the other side of the gym was Laurie in her tight red dress that only went just a few inches below her ass, her makeup all too heavy and overdone. And her curls were a hot mess like she just rolled out of bed with a hangover. Not to mention, she’s got this spray tan that almost made her look orange, and I could smell her Paris Hilton perfume from where I with all sorts of people inside the distance between us. Seriously, what’s her rendition of fashion, slutty trash?

Her eyes were glaring at me, but I rolled my eyes as I averted her gaze. There was nothing she could do to harm me now. She was absolutely nothing. Ever since that encounter with her at lunch, her popularity streak had dropped. Laurie didn’t have a date, but that didn’t stop her from coming and trying to ruin everything.

When I could still feel her deadly eyes boring into me, I snapped my head to her and returned the glare. As though I’d just thrown a dagger in her direction, missing her head by a few inches, her eyes widened in fear and turned away from me quickly. But when I turn my head back around, I found that Leon was the one who really intimidated her. Damn…and for once I thought I was the one who’d sent her to her place.