The Game of Love Chapter 23

Sarah:

For most of our day-long date, we had a movie marathon in my room and just talked about random stuff—you know, just being Seth and I. As the ending credits scrolled up the screen, I remained still, cuddled up in the warmth of his arms. “We should probably put in the next movie…” I mumbled into his chest.

He laughed slightly, whispering in my ear as he twirled my hair, “Let’s stay like this for a while.” I considered this before replying:

“Fine…” He smiled in satisfaction. So as we stayed like this, I heard Seth ask quietly, “I know I shouldn’t rush you, but when do you think you’ll realize your feelings?”

Thinking about it for a moment, I murmured my answer, “Give me…a week…” Sure, I admitted to Leon that, indeed, I do love Seth, but I figure that it’s best to give this some more time.

“All right…I’m really sorry for putting you through this…”

I shook my head. “Don’t apologize, Seth…It’s quite all right.” After a small pause, I mutter, “But I do worry…if I don’t feel the same…will you be all right?”

A sad smile crept on his face—an expression I hate to see. It simply churns my stomach. “I’ll be heartbroken, yes…but don’t take pity on me and date me just because I’m…well…lonely and heartbroken…”

Turning to face him, my face an inch from his, I mumbled, “I’ll try not to disappoint you…” Pressing my lips against his softly, I felt his hand reach up to the back of my head, deepening the kiss.

* * * *

Leon:

It wasn’t long ago after I just arrived back at Sarah’s house that I received a call from one of my “friends” informing me about this party at Jesse’s house. Wanting to get away from this scenery of Sarah and Seth making out, forgetting I exist, I don’t object to their offer.

For the most part, I’m drinking shots, bottles, and glasses of alcohol, wanting to escape my misery. And I made this sort of game where I’d keep drinking if I ever think of Sarah and Seth together—or just plain Sarah in general. So evidently, I ended up drinking more than my fair share with everyone else.

Everything was fuzzy, my words were slurred and incomplete, and the way I heard things—I couldn’t distinguish what’s the alcohol’s doing and what’s reality. In the end, I vomited so much that it’s not even funny. God, I was sick…disgusting…

I was a complete wreck…

I didn’t even pay attention to the party…just getting drunk so I can forget everything. My memories were lapsing, so it was hard to recollect every damn thing that was happening. What was I doing? I can’t remember anything.

I didn’t want to be here—not one bit. So what do I do? I end up calling the one person I wanted to forget… Sarah.

Sarah:

The two of us were simply laughing our asses off as we talked about our unspoken embarrassing moments with “Bite My Tongue” by You Me At Six blasted from my speakers. It’s at that time that a certain someone had to call my phone. I read the caller ID: Leon. While a part of me wanted to chuck the phone out the window, something in the back of my mind was telling me that his situation is rather…dire…