The Game of Love Chapter 6

Sarah:

Rushing to the clinic, the only thing that I could think about was that kiss. Why he kissed me could only mean that he’s toying me. Still, the way he kissed me was so…it was like he wanted me… Stupid Sarah, don’t think things like that! He’s only doing that to get to your head! I hit my head slightly. Entering the clinic, I merely say that I can’t see straight—completely dizzy.

The nurse had me lie down on the bed. As I had done so, I stared at the ceiling, still not able to stop thinking about that kiss. Well, he’s done one thing that went according to his plan: I’m completely thrown off…

Leon:

The fact that she ran out on me before I could explain did nothing but hurt me. She’s so dense it’s cruel—so cruel that it nearly kills me. The moment I kissed her, I didn’t want the moment to slip away. Still, I wanted more than a kiss, but being in school, I could only do as much as that.

It didn’t surprise me that Sarah wasn’t in Physics, though Seth gave off a suspicious look. There were only two seats left, one by those annoying girls trying to get my attention, and the other by Seth. I get it; these seats are practically assigned for us—so typical. Even so, I decide to steal Sarah’s seat and sit by her best friend, the one I envy completely.

Seth shifted in his seat away from me, disgusted with my presence. Well I hate you too you bastard. “That’s Sarah’s seat,” he finally said. I merely shrug. “You want to annoy her?” Again, I shrug. “Where is she?”

“Not here. She went somewhere…clinic I think…” I replied. Before he could leave his seat to check on her, Mr. Daven scolded him, telling him to stay in his seat.

“What did you do?” he asked, fists starting to clench. Wow, well isn’t he the jealous type? We might get along (in some way) just fine. I’m the same way.

“Answer me this, have you ever kissed her?” The look in his eyes showed that he hasn’t, has longed for it. “How would you react if I told you I kissed her, tongue included?”

Judging by the glare, the tension, and the knuckles starting to crack, he’s pissed and he wants to kill me immediately. Of course, we both knew what happened after I kissed her. That killer look on his face nearly killed me on the inside. I have to admit, even though they’re close best friends, he still hasn’t taken the next step. “You love her, don’t you?” I asked.

Seth nodded. “Of course I love her, a whole bunch.” Before I could ask since when, he replied, “A month after I met her.”

“Why not chase after her?” I ask, even though I hate this guy, I just have to wonder why he hasn’t made Sarah his girlfriend. I’m…interested to know.

“I was thinking of asking her out lately, but she’s going through some complicated things.” I knew that by “things” he meant me. Seth turned to me. “What about you. You love Sarah don’t you?”

“Definitely…but for me, I loved her at first sight.”

Seth sighed in irritation, rolling his eyes. “You sure are a jerk about it when you’re around her.”

I merely shrug. “It’s just how I am.” After a moment of taking notes and listening to Mr. Daven yap on and on, I insisted, “Don’t tell her that…you know.”

“I won’t and neither will you. Sarah needs to hear this personally from us.”

I smirked. “A done deal,” I muttered.