The Game of Love Chapter 9

Sarah:

Damien’s voice immediately had me snap out of my daze; this caused him to laugh. “Sorry, my apologies,” he said.

“No, it’s my fault. I wasn’t watching where I was going,” I said, nervously laughing.

Examining me closely, he said, “You look familiar.” Getting into the thinking pose (making me laugh…though I think that’s his intention), he snaps his fingers. “Oh yeah…you’re the girl my younger brother always bullied, huh?” I nodded dreadfully. “Please excuse him, he still hasn’t learned anything. I know you won’t ever forgive him, but I’m just saying.”

My goodness he’s the opposite of Leon. Then again, he could be different on the inside. However, I shook those thoughts off. “So…um…Damien, right?” He nodded. “How’s it going?”

“Not too bad. And you, wait let me guess, crappy?” I nodded, laughing. Noticing Leon running right behind us, he adds on, “Because he’s here?” I nod again.

Panting and bent down, Leon asked, “Damien, why are you here?”

“I just thought I’d pay a visit to my little brother.” Exchanging glances between Damien and me, Leon takes my by the hand, away from his brother.

“What are you doing talking to him?” he asked, eyes completely filled with worry.

I shrug. “I was only talking,” I merely said.

“Well you better watch it or you’ll regret it for sure,” he warned. I rolled my eyes. “I’m serious, Sarah. You’ll get hurt. Don’t talk to him anymore.” He released his grip and walks back with his brother, conversing with him.

The way he looked at me was like he was really concerned. And at the back of my head, I just knew that this wasn’t what any of us had in mind. Still, Damien has done nothing but draw me closer for some reason.

* * * *

When I reached the parking lot, I witnessed Leon storming off into his car, driving out the school parking lot. Right where, the empty lot was had stood Damien. Wow, Leon’s even terrible with family. I roll my eyes as I make my way over to my car (and dreadfully it was parked next to his). Just when I’m there by Damien at the empty lot, I say, “It must be hard being his older brother.”

He shook his head. “Oh no, it’s not that. He just holds a grudge—well, more like he’s fed up with me.”

“Why?” I ask. However he shrugs and turns to me.

“Do you want to come with me and follow Leon?” he asked. Before I could decline, he asked, that smile plastered on his face. “Please?”

“Fine,” I said in defeat.

On our way, I have to admit that I was jealous towards Damien’s Lamborghini. What the hell? Is he rich? Anyway, as we trailed Leon, we ended up at his house. When he noticed us right behind him, he starts yelling at Damien. “Just leave!”

“Why? I only got here; that’s no way to treat your brother,” he responded calmly. Yet here I stood, completely unaware of Leon’s resentment towards his older brother. Seriously, he has no respect for people like Damien. For one thing, he’s sweet and polite. Sure, he’s like four years older than me, but I’ve got to admit that I’m suddenly attracted to him; he’s mature, and I like that.

“Leon,” I interrupted. “Can’t you at least welcome him a bit nicely?” He rolled his eyes as he walked off into the house, locking the door. I shake my head at his pettiness. Turning to Damien, I ask, “So how long are you going to stay here?”