The Game of Love Chapter 39

• Dedicated to Patricia Franceska

So what do you know, I'm able to post this chapter today thanks to my fellow Asian friend! xD Anyway, like I said, longest chapter in this story so far. I'm exhausted! (-_-) I didn't proofread, just so you know, but hopefully you like it! xD

----------------------------------------------------------

Sarah:

“Road trip!” screamed Sophia directly into my ear first thing in the morning. Patricia and I nearly fell out of bed, but Sophia just laughed at our reactions.

“Not funny!” I snapped at her, bolted upright. After a slight pause, taking a deep breath, I ask, “And since when did we ever agree on going on a road trip? This wasn’t even planned!”

She replied in her typical cheerful tone, “It’s supposed to be a surprise!”

“I’ll say,” I murmured crossly.

Soph heaved a sigh. “Oh come on, that’s the fun part!”

“Here’s the problem,” Patricia noted logically, “if we just figured out about today, it just puts us in a rush towards packing our stuff up.”

“Yeah,” I agreed. “Who came up with the idea in the first place?”

“Jake and I,” she replied.

“Figures,” I said flatly. “And what time is it exactly?”

“Six.”

I threw my pillow in her face roughly. “Damn it, Soph! What time are we all leaving?”

She looked at the clock, biting her lip, and answered, “In two hours.” I threw another pillow at her. “Well…I’ve already took the liberty of packing your stuff,” she added, “and when we get there, don’t complain about your clothes.”

My eyes widened in horror. “Soph…what clothes did you pack?”

She pulled up a mischievous smirk as he said in a teasing singsong way, “You’ll see.” Sophia pulled Patricia and me off the bed forcefully, tossing us an outfit she picked out. “Don’t complain, Sarah.” Pursing my lips, completely distrustful at the moment, I went to the bathroom downstairs to change while Patricia used mine.

What Soph picked out wasn’t too bad—but I still worried over what other clothes she packed. I was wearing a yellow spaghetti strap with a few ruffles along with white Bermuda shorts. I tied my hair with a white scrunchie with a yellow flower on it. As for my shoes, I wore crème, flat sandals; Sophia also included a few white, silver, crème, and yellow bangles as well as a white headband. Not to mention, she’s given me big hoop earrings—but not big enough for it to be worn as a bracelet. And thank God for that. As for my makeup, it was completely natural, only hints of blush and eyeliner showing.

Once I stepped out, I bumped into Leon. I figured that this was Sophia’s idea of having him here and “accidentally” bump into me to see how I looked first. Looking up to meet his gaze, he flashed a smirk before adding, “You look so beautiful.”

Pursing my lips to prevent myself from blushing, I mumbled a hushed “Thanks” before walking into the kitchen. That’s when I felt one of his arms wrap around my waist, pulling me back into him. Knowing he won’t let go, I let him continue to hold me as I turned around, wrapped my arms around his neck, and gave him a long, gentle kiss.

Pulling away, his grin widened as he whispered to my ear, “Now that’s more like it.” I rolled my eyes, pushing him off me teasingly.

Pouring myself some orange juice and enjoying some Mini-Wheats along with it, I sit on the couch, flipping through channels until I come across Everybody Hates Chris. Once Leon’s taken the seat next to me, I turn to him and ask, “Where are we going exactly?”