The Game of Love Chapter 21

Sarah:

I just couldn’t hold the excitement as my eyes scanned my closet, deciding what to wear on my date. Seriously, I spent nearly half an hour trying to pick out a shirt that’s seems like my usual wear, but at the same time, has a bit of a “date-looking” touch to it. In the end, I picked out a pair of black denim skinny jeans; a maroon, loose fitting blouse, and a few golden accessories. As for my shoes, I pulled out a pair of black, open toe heels. Okay…so my outfit isn’t exactly my casual wear. Well what do you expect me to wear?

As for my makeup, I applied just barely enough to make it look like I had any. It was…natural—subtle. And my hair wavy blonde hair, I tied it up in a ponytail, my bangs falling against my forehead, layers straying from the hair tie. As much as I hate to admit it, I look pretty damn cute. Laughing to myself quietly, I walked out into the hallway, only to bump into—surprise, surprise—Leon.

For a moment he just stared at me without blinking an eye. Just when the atmosphere was getting too awkward, he cleared his throat before sliding past me without a word. By the ring of the doorbell, I spring from the floor and hurriedly rush over to the door where I find Seth, dressed in a white collared shirt and dark denim jeans, with a bouquet of flowers. Aw…how sweet…and sappy. Seth’s reaction towards my appearance was similar to Leon’s—completely speechless.

Taking my hand in his, bringing it up to his lips, he pressed his lips softly against the back of my hand. Afterwards, he looked at me straight in the eye and whispered, “You look so beautiful…”

My face getting redder, I replied quietly, trying to keep cool, “Thanks…”

Amused with my expression, he flashed a smile before asking, “Are you ready?” In response, I nodded.

Leon:

Holy crap… That’s all that went through my head when I saw Sarah. My God she was—she was…breathtakingly gorgeous…I couldn’t say a damn thing—stupid me. I tried so hard not to lose it in front of her. After all, she has a boyfriend now; I can’t just hold her in my arms and kiss her as I please. Seriously, that Seth gets to spend his night at the movies with Sarah looking like that? I hate that guy more and more.

All I can imagine is the two of them kissing sweetly—Sarah enjoying rather than resenting it. The damn guy gets to enjoy his kisses with her. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love kissing her; it’s just that she doesn’t kiss me back in the same manner. I bet they were close to doing it when Seth came over to her room late night. Oh, God…kill me. Well…I’m pretty sure they didn’t anyway—knowing both of them.

When Mrs. Winrey asks if I’m going down for dinner, I decline her offer politely, not wanting to bother. If I’m around them, then I’ll be thinking of Sarah, and if I think of her, I’ll think of her enjoying her date with Seth, and if I think of that—oh sweet Jesus, Leon, stop thinking about it! I smacked myself on the head, trying to make me forget what was bothering me so much.

Why can’t that be me taking Sarah on a date when she’s looking so beautiful? Fuck. My. Life…

Sarah:

After the movie, we headed to Olive Garden—Italian food…yum… As we’re enjoying our delicious pasta, I muttered under my breath, “I still don’t know if I love you…”

Seth shrugged, keeping his smile on his face as he responded, “Don’t worry, there’s no rush to it. Sometimes it takes time to realize your feelings. I completely understand.”

Giving a shy smile, I focused back on my food. That’s when Seth asks, “Are you still okay with this arrangement? You know, going out with me to figure out your feelings?”